Dark Corners of the Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum site for players in my Star Wars D6 campaign. http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/dark-corners-of-the-galaxy

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Concerning Dr. Da'ryan's attempt to contact Artemis...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Artemis

Artemis

Concerning Dr. Da'ryan's attempt to contact Artemis... Empty
PostSubject: Concerning Dr. Da'ryan's attempt to contact Artemis...   Concerning Dr. Da'ryan's attempt to contact Artemis... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 8:17 pm

The next chance that Artemis gets, he's going to try to find the captain to ask him a question (assuming, as I think we've done before in-game, that there's a way for Artemis to translate the answer into a language he can understand).
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dr. Da'ryan's attempt to contact Artemis...   Concerning Dr. Da'ryan's attempt to contact Artemis... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 11:58 pm

The captain is mostly keeping to ship, not caring for the waters of Ando himself. So long as you're talking to him near a computer port on the ship he can plug in and use the screen on the ship to text to you in basic.
Back to top Go down
https://dcotg.forumotion.com
Artemis

Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dr. Da'ryan's attempt to contact Artemis...   Concerning Dr. Da'ryan's attempt to contact Artemis... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 12:15 am

Awesome!

Artemis finds the captain, then, preferably somewhere moderately private.

"Captain? Do you have a moment? I wanted to ask you about the message from Dr. Da'ryan. Or his attempts to contact me, rather."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dr. Da'ryan's attempt to contact Artemis...   Concerning Dr. Da'ryan's attempt to contact Artemis... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 2:05 am

"Well I ain't your Sith Damned answerin' machine, you check that on the comms yourself."
Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dr. Da'ryan's attempt to contact Artemis...   Concerning Dr. Da'ryan's attempt to contact Artemis... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 3:02 am

Artemis flinches. "I'm sorry. It's just that I'm a little afraid to. He shouldn't have been able to contact me here. He wouldn't be able to trace if I checked the comms, would he?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dr. Da'ryan's attempt to contact Artemis...   Concerning Dr. Da'ryan's attempt to contact Artemis... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 3:14 am

"Oh, that? Well I stand by my statement regardless. Look greenhorn, I'd never do anything to compromise one of my crew. The Doc threw up a public broad range message lookin' for ya. Seein' as how we were about to leave Anzat anyway I figur'd there was no harm in accepting the message. Someone could technically figure out where we were when we accepted the message, but there ain't no way their trackin' us past Anzat. Said he had an urgent message for you and a package, but didn't know where to send it. I gave him a contact of mine that'll pick it up on Uvena III and then send it through a series of other contacts to get it to me at a later port. He also prerecorded a message for you to check whenever you stopped moppin' about my ship."
Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dr. Da'ryan's attempt to contact Artemis...   Concerning Dr. Da'ryan's attempt to contact Artemis... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 3:24 am

A myriad of emotions flicker across Artemis's features, the most prominent of which are comprehension, relief, and gratitude. "I understand. Thank you, sir, and I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. I won't take up any more of your time."

He bows to the captain and goes to check the comms for the prerecorded message, which he'll listen to in his room, hopefully out of earshot from anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dr. Da'ryan's attempt to contact Artemis...   Concerning Dr. Da'ryan's attempt to contact Artemis... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 3:34 am

The Captain starts beeping loudly at you as you turn to leave. He's still typing on the screen before you get away from him.

"Not so fast Doc Emo, you and me ain't done yet. Tryce is a better pilot than he is a protocol droid and I don't think he told you everything I told him to. Now last I checked back on Nar Shadda you were a paid member of my crew getting a full percent from my business dealings there. When the Jedi fired the lot of ya, you coulda gone freelance, but you chose to stay on with me. Eight and Freya are my muscle, Kerlos is my go between, Mina's my mechanic, and Tryce is my pilot. They all got their jobs and you got yours, when we need a saw bones on board I expect you to be there. You want to play Vox in the Box you do that on your own time, we got folks need healin' I want you on deck from now on, or you're welcome to exit my boat at the next port we put into. We got an understandin' doc?"
Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dr. Da'ryan's attempt to contact Artemis...   Concerning Dr. Da'ryan's attempt to contact Artemis... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 3:45 am

Artemis stops and listens. Then he nods and replies, his tone calm and even. "With all due respect, captain, I was a danger to others then. Had I attempted to function in my duties, I probably would have harmed the person I was trying to help. So I isolated myself and my problems and tried to keep them from affecting you and the rest of the crew. There will not be a repeat of this failure. I hope that you can understand my reasons for doing what I did, but I also understand your position. I will accept the consequences of my actions. It won't happen again."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dr. Da'ryan's attempt to contact Artemis...   Concerning Dr. Da'ryan's attempt to contact Artemis... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 12:01 pm

"I appreciate your being frank with me doc. I can understand if you got problems to work through, just keep in mind doctors don't always get to have a bad day. I flew a paramedic ship once and I know what it's like, but when you're on call you got to put personal problems aside. A dying man's got no sympathy for what your going through, he just wants to live. Do or do not, when a life is on the line you can't afford to try. We good?"

The Captain extends his grasper arm for you to shake it.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dr. Da'ryan's attempt to contact Artemis...   Concerning Dr. Da'ryan's attempt to contact Artemis... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 5:25 pm

Artemis bites his lower lip and nods soberly, understanding. "Yes, sir," he replies, and reaches forward to take the captain's grasper arm with his right hand. "I understand, and I really appreciate what you've told me. I...respect you immensely, and I won't let you down again."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dr. Da'ryan's attempt to contact Artemis...   Concerning Dr. Da'ryan's attempt to contact Artemis... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 12:48 am

"You know your business doc you're a good man, I'd hate to lose you. And one last thing, don't ever fret none about me or one of my crew trying to collect a bounty on you. Anyone tried they'd be answerin' to me and I won't stand for it, not on my ship."
Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dr. Da'ryan's attempt to contact Artemis...   Concerning Dr. Da'ryan's attempt to contact Artemis... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 1:06 am

Artemis smiles now, openly grateful, though doubt flickers through his features when the captain calls him a "good man".

"Thank you, sir. I admit that I've been inwardly wary of Kerlos, but I know that I can trust you. You're one of the few people that I can say that about. For that, you have my loyalty."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dr. Da'ryan's attempt to contact Artemis...   Concerning Dr. Da'ryan's attempt to contact Artemis... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Concerning Dr. Da'ryan's attempt to contact Artemis...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Corners of the Galaxy :: Leftovers :: Artemis-
Jump to: