Dark Corners of the Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum site for players in my Star Wars D6 campaign. http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/dark-corners-of-the-galaxy

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Freya's Log

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Freya

Freya

Freya's Log - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 1:04 am

Freya Odanadi, Personal Journal:

The less said about how we got the records on Palpatine's Muunilinst holdings, the better. I'm just glad that he wasn't into women. However, I'm starting to become concerned about how many of our plans end up getting Kerlos laid.

Mina had us go to Ord Mantell to check up on a possible lead concerning the Anzat that escaped us recently. After investigating, I was pretty sure that he was not responsible -- the crimes were just too simple and the pattern was too obvious. This was an amateur, not someone who would want to see us suffer.

After staking out the night club, along with every other bounty hunter in the sector, Kerlos decided to track the nondescript man using the Force. We followed him to a warehouse, where I set off the security system -- I guess some skills are not like riding a speeder, you do need to stay in practice. Or maybe I was just too distracted.

The rest raced upstairs while I waited for the guards that I discovered were non-existent. By the time I got to the room, Kerlos had already turned the killer's face into an ashtray, and Tryce was baptizing his returned lightsaber in spider gore. He needs to decide whether he's going to use the Dark Side or not, and not pussy-foot around it. You can either reject it or accept it. Anything in-between leads to ruin.

I was surprised to see that the giant spider had the upper-torso of Alcina! It looks like her husband managed to resurrect her using a Sith chalice. According to the runes, it has the power to return a soul from the dark afterlife. I guess we'll never know the full story of what was happening now that James' brain has been cooked, and Alcina has been filleted.

Anyway, that's how I spend my nights these days. I just should have stayed on Muunilinst.

I've been thinking about getting off the Turtle. There are things I need to do and time is too short to be dragging the rest of the crew along on things that don't concern them, especially with Eight's suicide attempt coming up so soon. If I'm around for that I'll end up doing something stupid.

My Master trained me well. So well, that I couldn't bring myself to ask Touo the questions I wanted to -- why the two of them seemed to know each other so well, and what he knew of Lucius and Car'yn.

While I have the coordinates of where he went, I still have to get the Precipice's data core. If he felt it was important enough to leave on Vigrith, I have to know what he's hiding. I never would have gone back, and it's not something I'm looking forward to, but it seems different now that I know that Tyr is alive. I'm not sure why that has changed, though.

So many plans and so little time. It's time to get my ass in gear.
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:16 pm

I do not think I can deal with reading Sith today.

… Switching transcription from Sith to Standard …

We went to Myrkr for a few different reasons: Eight to obtain some Ysalimari for his dubious combat with Thirteen, and myself to see if I had properly deduced Sith's resting place. We were successful, for all the good it will do either of us.

Our almost comic flailing against a pack of sleeping Vornskr provided a mild contrast to Sith putting our own weapons against each other. It was admirable that Kerlos and Eight came with me. I understand why the others held back, but I would rather feel that kind of fear than nothing.

Still, it gave me some perspective about just how deep the abyss can go and it's a little comforting to know that I've only skimmed the surface

We're now on our way to Yavin IV and once we get there, and I've rested a bit, I intend to confront Chattur'gha. I had avoided him because I was… afraid… of what I might do or what he might stir in me. However, in recent days I've come to the conclusion that my own anger gives me the clarity to see through his shit. And, if I play it right I might be able to rub his nose in it and open his eyes enough for him to see what he has done.

No matter what the outcome, it ought to be memorable.
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 4:00 am

So, it's the apocalypse. I always thought I would have a hand in it.

Damn it. Maybe if I had acted sooner I could have stopped what happened, but I had my idea for confronting the Lords too late. Maybe I should have trusted my instincts and separated from the team for a while. At least I would not have been on Myrkr to awaken Sith.

If there is one saving grace here it's that Sith may have awakened too soon. His minions tried to wipe us out on Yavin because we knew his location, and that makes me hopeful -- it means that we are a threat and there is more than a chance that we could stop him.

However, as we said on Vigrith, hope is the last thing you do before you die.
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 2:54 am

For the record, I was pretty sure that Dannel wasn't dead because his body had not joined with the Force. But, now that I think about it, maybe those outstanding books from the Archives would be enough to keep him bound to this world.

Dannel had apparently solved the Thousand-Year Puzzle. Who knew he was so good with cyphers? We'll see if he can solve Sith's Happy Holocron of Horror so deftly. Anyway, the museum had not done due diligence and the Thousand-Year Puzzle turned out to actually be the Thousand-Year Prison. I know, technicalities.

After I stumbled into the trap with Dannel, the Doctor was able to restore us to our bodies. I was a bit worried that I was going to be stuck with a square jaw for the rest of my life, but he seems to have become adept at juggling minds -- something I will keep aware of.

Kerlos and Tryce, meanwhile, indulged in a bit of noir and skillfully thwarted the inevitable art heist by Dannel's long-dead parents. The things inhabiting them lost any sympathy when they tried to bribe us, and it was decided that Dannel should return them to their prison, freeing his parents to return to their bodies.

Here's where things took an unforeseen turn. In the process of returning them to the prison, Dannel took it upon himself to dissipate them. I briefly considered stopping him so he wouldn't taint his reunion, but… they deserved it. If he hadn't, I would have come up with some kind of similar punishment for them. For all of our differences, I feel a certain familiarity with Dannel in this instance. And, if anyone had treated my family in such a fashion, death would be the best they could hope for.

All in all, it seems the impending death of all life has substantially raised the competence level of the team.

Now I have to see if I can stop Ember from leaving the galaxy with a bunch of absconded children. If he had just kidnapped them, the course would be simple -- I would kill him. However, he believes that he is saving them and that complicates things. Why is nothing ever simple?
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:25 pm

We spoke with the holocrons of Sith's minions about his plans. While they knew nothing of the Shard of Sith, they did help shed some light on "the construct". It seems that he used his considerable skills at genetic engineering to create a new body for himself, combining the elements of various creatures into a monstrosity that he will transfer his consciousness into and devour the galaxy world by world.

As far as evil plans go, it sounds like he's playing this one by the book.

We have much more research to do before we can come up with a plan, though. It sounds like a Death Star will just piss it off. It will require a better idea of what is going on, and more subtle plan, if we don't want to resort to a giant droid with a lightsaber.

Update:
We've left Ember and the dozen or so children who have decided to join him on his flight out of galaxy. No one really seemed interested in stopping them, and to Eight the whole thing was a waste of time to begin with.

I felt what Ember was doing was wrong, but as I thought about it I had no place to complain. After all, I ran away, too. I could have asked Lucien to take me home anytime I wanted, but, instead, I made him promise that I would never have to go back. Tyr stayed and bent Vigrith to his will, while I left and tried to do the same to everything else.

Ember may have been running, but it didn't seem like the children with him were. They seemed curious about seeing another galaxy, even if they hadn't entirely thought it through. And Ember said he would stop and check in again in year to see if anything was left -- just as infuriatingly diplomatic and reasonable as ever.

At least I can make sure that they're not followed by vermin -- I can close the walls of this galaxy and keep our stupidity, horror, and cowardice safely contained.

Update:
Mina has killed the last Anzat. Nice to see that they're being such exemplary role models in front of the next generation of Jedi -- Mina appears to have learned nothing from her encounter with the Butcher.

We're returning the last of the missing children to Yavin, now. I'm flying The Black Sand back while the Doctor tends to Chron's physical injuries.

It will be refreshing to be on a ship where the crew does the wrong thing because they don't know any better.

For once we have the initiative an no idea what to do with it, and some of the attitudes on the Turtle are starting to grate on me. There are things I need to do, and the Force knows I don't want to get in the way of their rush to armageddon.
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 1:52 am

The day I have been dreading has arrived. Well, one of them, anyway.

If Vox had truly accepted what he had done… if he had accepted his punishment… if he had faced his fears knowing they would destroy him… I would have razed Af'El to get him back.

Now, however, it is just a matter of honor. The Doctor was stolen from us and, even though he's a coward, he is our coward. As much as it burns in my gullet, I have to get him back. I'll be damned, however, if I add one single Defel or Arahn life to those who have already died because of him.

Honor.

According to the stories I heard growing up, my people used to live by it. I see now why they gave up on it. All it has ever served to do is hold me back. Things would be so much simpler if My Master had never drilled it into my thick head. Maybe Doctor Vox could be so kind to repay his rescue by removing the concept.

Who am I kidding? Lucien would kill me himself if that happened.
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 5:25 pm

That was the most eventful few hours in recent memory. We managed to rescue Vox, frame the Sith, defeat Thirteen and his minions, and destroy his Death Star.

Everything didn't go smoothly, however. I don't know how many bystanders died when Thirteen fired on the city as a distraction, or how many others died inside the prison when they went to release Vox. I thought before we got into this that I could keep anyone from getting hurt, but I wasn't planning on a super-laser attack. Thank The Force that Kerlos was able to provide some aid to the guards.

It's still more people to add to Artemis' body count. When all of this is over, I'll have to deal with that.

Update:
I just got word from Revenant that we're ready to make our move. At least this will be one last thing to worry about. Three birds with one stone -- just the way I like doing things.
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 5:56 pm

Everything is proceeding according to plan. A Jedi gave us a bit of trouble while in hyperspace, but I managed to put a damper on his inconvenient heroics. This, coupled with the debacle of the recent Force Registration Act, should force the Republic's hand into providing the Jedi with all of the support they need to defeat Sith.

If they still insist on playing these games of half-measures I believe Darth Fenrir still has one more weapon left in her arsenal, but it would be like taking the Death Star to their Alderaan of public opinion.

Hmmm. I think I've just created a political cartoon.

Assuming STARS hasn't gotten themselves killed in the last few days, I'll have them pick me up on Vigrith and we can get back to the job at hand.

Update:
I just saw Tyr's transmission announcing the theft of the Exodus. I think my Death Star just fired prematurely.

Oh, well. Time to watch the fireworks!
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 4:01 pm

I did what I swore I would never do. I went home to Vigrith.

And, no sooner do we land than we're fighting some poor fool possessed by the spirit of some ancient Sith. The dark side energy he was emanating was so powerful that the places it touched would never cool even on that forsaken iceball. We managed to free him from the influence without killing him, although I think even cutting his hand off was too much.

The Jedi are still too much into the fast and easy way, and I think I start to see Master Otis' reasoning when he became head of the Academy.

Two and Three fixed him up, but I doubt he really understood what had happened.

The area was still burning with dark side forces so Mina and I, aided by the others, conducted a ritual to force it out by infusing the land with the light side. The results were -- unexpected, to say the least. The stories say that Vigrith used to be green and lush before the serpent rose into the sky and swallowed the sun. I will have to keep an eye on things, now.

Also, I need to research the artifacts we discovered. A shuttle on route to Yavin crashes on my world with four Sith artifacts, centuries ago. That's too convenient.

I could think of a few places to look for the databank My Master left behind, and it was Tryce's suggestion that we go to the last location first. Clever boy -- I could have kissed him and broken his nose at the same time.

Once there I encountered the apparition that has been following me for a while. It turns out that when I said all I did was wander between apocalypses, I was literally correct. Future Me had some interesting things to say, and put a different perspective on our actions (or lack of). She confirmed my suspicion as of late that Xelotath's prophecy is more literal than I originally believed, and it has given me some ideas about how to take on Sith. The conversation was brief, but I guess that's all anyone can stand with me.

I have some unfinished business to take care of, and after that I can deal with what My Master left behind and what to do about him.
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 1:48 am

So, centuries ago a Kadri'Ra Jedi Master siphoned enough energy off of Vigrith's star to prevent it from going nova and killing all of us. Son of a bantha, I hate primitive legends.

I've hated that snowball and the people that live on it. So many of them let their humanity flee along with the warmth and became savages. I don't even know why I should care, but for some reason I do. If the Republic had even checked on us once they could have saved so many lives, but they couldn't have been bothered. And not just us, but all those other worlds.

Tyr had the right idea, but I'm not surprised.

I have to wonder if Vigrith is the future of the Republic once Sith awakens and the stars begin to go dark. Part of me thinks they deserve it.

Update:
We're on the trail of Kessana Anajl, a Matriarch from Dathomir, who was in talks with diplomats about joining the New Republic before she was kidnapped, and it led us straight into a new nest of pirates.

Tryce did a wonderful job, merging his piloting with the Force. And, I have to admit, that piloting the Turtle during combat was a rush. I think I understand why my Master never let me near the forward guns. Maybe Tryce could give me some fighter lessons.

I've always liked the Nightsisters; they were so easy to identify with. I feel compelled to ensure the Matriarch's safe return, if only because i don't want anything bad to happen to them. And I can only imagine how angry they would be if they discover that a Republic official was responsible for her disappearance -- maybe angry enough to bring the Dark Side down upon them.

Damn Republic politicians! I can't think of anything better for the galaxy than locking the Senate in with a horde of angry Matriarchs and ranchors. Even when facing a crisis like this they cannot pull it together long enough to fight. Instead, the struggle with each other and tear everything else apart.

I wish there was just one person that we could talk to instead of a bickering brothel.

Palpatine would have had this under control. He would have had a plan.

Maybe that's going a little too far. Still, I would have loved to ask his holocron about all of this. I knew I should have taken off to look for it on Thirteen's Death Star. That would have been quite a prize.
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 10:19 pm

We stopped a Sith plot to steal The Horn of the First Rancor from Dathomir. We were far too late to save the life of the Matriarch, but at least I was able to send her rancor to her aid in the Mists -- and it was an honor to do so.

For the first time, STARS faced a team of true, classic Sith. And we won. Not without injuries, however. I've seen Eight take worse and Mina was on hand, so I wasn't concerned for his safety. Tryce, though… he was terribly injured. If it wasn't for the life web he wouldn't have lived long enough for Vox to help.

Damn it. I know I could have taken the barabel, but instead I was trying to subdue their leader -- effort that was wasted thanks to Mina. Her companions had been defeated. She had lost! Why they had to rush over and slaughter her, I have no idea! If I had known that, I would have just killed her and taken down the barabel, instead.

Despite being the Sith Threat Assessment and Research Squadron, not one member is curious about why we have not seen a single, classical Sith until now. Or what they new of Sith himself. Or where they had received their training. Or any of the other questions that she might have been able to answer.

We have no plan to fight Sith, and this is why! Fraaaaaaag!

… g-force shock-sensor warning …

I would have killed that barabel to save Tryce, but the Doctor convinced me it wouldn't be necessary. Instead, I merely made him feel the pain he had caused. I would have done more if Tryce had asked it of me. Before I had a chance, though, Vox sedated me. I was so focused on punishing the creature that I didn't see him do it.

The others weren't pleased, but no one else intervened. I couldn't care less what they think of it. I swear if anyone hurts him like that again, death will be the least of their worries! I -- damn… I wonder what My Master would say about this.

Well, I've been putting it off long enough. Time to talk to Lucien.
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 10:46 pm

I have to admire Eight's figurative balls in obtaining a vision of Sith breaking out of his shell in less than two week's time. I could have done with a little less eye-exploding and head-yanking, but whatever works.

On Mon Cal we got a little more information on Sith. It looks like his work was prophesied a long, long time ago, before he even started down this path. Te ruins were fascinating and I wish we had more time to investigate them, but we got what we came for and Tryce and Kerlos were feeling too uneasy to stay. Also, it looks like we have another Quarren servant of Sith himself wandering the Galaxy somewhere. Another wildcard.

Since no one knew where to go next, Tryce took the opportunity to check out the coordinates supplied by his Warden holocron. There was much talking and guessing with the holocrons we have on board. Nothing was explained or decided, but I feel that we're just missing something that will cause everything to resolve into focus.

I spoke to My Master. It was frustrating and enlightening, just as I remember.

I know what I have to do, now. There are so many things I want to do right now, but this is the one that would make me tell Sith to take a number. I owe it to him to do this for him.

In any case, things are about to change.

Last edited by Freya on Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:54 pm

I looked Sith in the eye and lived to tell the tale. Hopefully, something will come of the sensor scans and sample I brought back. I wanted to go farther, but after the last time I was on Myrkr I decided that discretion was the wiser choice. Still, I wanted to fall, and it would have been so easy. Everything just leads me to believe that we're doing everything to avoid the obvious path.

The answer lies within.
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 3:17 am

Sith has been defeated and it only cost us Eight and Centerpoint Station -- a bargain in cosmic terms. So why do I feel like we got ripped-off by the universe?

Eight was the only one on the team who could stand against me. The Galaxy is going to be a duller place for me without him.
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 10:50 pm

Hell. The Republic has discovered the Sith Sanctum.

I was hoping to use the spare time between assignments to investigate the Sanctum data more closely, but their sudden streak of responsibility has driven them to find it ahead of schedule. I had started working on a plan, but that was when I was looking at one to two hundred Sith and going in on my own. Now I have to deal with cities, a star fleet, and the rest of my team. I think the core of the plan will still work, but I need to tweak a few things.

Strangely enough, it's not the numbers that bother me -- more of them actually work in my favor -- but getting the rest of STARS involved in this increases the chances of something going horribly wrong. Without Eight the combat readiness of the team has been compromised and they do not possess the skills needed for infiltration.

I need to play them to their strengths, which means taking advantage of their resources and then using them as cannon-fodder.

Sometimes doing the right thing sounds so wrong.

Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 12:23 am

I'll have to make this entry quick before I head back out.

A planet of nightmares. Well, they got that right. I think I might be starting to get an idea of what's going on here, but any resolution is going to be painful for someone. However, I owe it to Lucien to try.

One way or another this all ends now.

If I don't come back I need to have Tryce burn my books. Well, either that or give them to Mina...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Freya's Log
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Corners of the Galaxy :: IC - In character posts and adventure logs :: Adventure Logs-
Jump to: