Dark Corners of the Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum site for players in my Star Wars D6 campaign. http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/dark-corners-of-the-galaxy

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Conversation with Tyr

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Conversation with Tyr Empty
PostSubject: Conversation with Tyr   Conversation with Tyr Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 1:26 pm

There's a knock at your quarters close to the time most of the crew are getting ready to sleep. Before you can get up to answer it, there's the sound of some quick console inputs and the door, despite being locked, opens up. In walks Tyr with tray and full tea set for two.

"CH-3F said you usually have some tea before bed, want a bit of company too?"
Back to top Go down
https://dcotg.forumotion.com
Freya

Freya

PostSubject: Re: Conversation with Tyr   Conversation with Tyr Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:53 am

Freya looks up with surprise. Instead of her usual attire, she is dressed in simple work clothes. Except for her worktable, the light in the room is provided by candles spread around. The walls, ceiling, and floor have sigils written upon them. Books and datapads are neatly arranged on the shelves. Some bedding is lying on the floor in the far corner with a holographic campfire in front of it. The room is noticeably warmer than the rest of the ship, even if the forge was not running.

"Of course," she smiles, "Come in! I'm sorry we haven't had a chance to talk much. This is a really hectic time." When she speaks to Tyr, her Imperial accent dissolves back into her old Vigrith one (whatever the Star Wars equivalent of a Scandinavian accent would be).
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Conversation with Tyr   Conversation with Tyr Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 12:22 pm

Tyr gives a smirk and a nervous laugh when you say "hectic time."

"That's one way of putting it I suppose. Personally I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by what you people do, and I don't know if you heard but I once had plans to overthrow the Republic. So when I say overwhelmed you have to realize I'm saying, 'What the hell have I gotten myself into?'"
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

PostSubject: Re: Conversation with Tyr   Conversation with Tyr Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 6:14 pm

"Well, if it helps, I believe that you had a better chance of success than we do."

She begins to pour some tea. "I really think if you had tried this even a few months earlier or later, and bombed Yavin into a desert, you probably could have pulled it off. Still, you did have an effect. They're sending rescue ships and aid out to the lost colonies, and I don't think they would have cared if you hadn't made it so public. Hell, so what if a few politicians froze? It's few less obstacles to progress."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Conversation with Tyr   Conversation with Tyr Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 1:44 am

"Yeah but a few months earlier, wouldn't you still have been on Yavin?"

Tyr is quiet with a contemplative look on his face with that realization.
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

PostSubject: Re: Conversation with Tyr   Conversation with Tyr Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:56 am

"Yes, and the universe would probably have imploded from the tragic irony."

She takes his hand. "It's ok, Tyr. There's more than enough trouble in the universe without us having to imagine what could have been.

"I have to say that I think you scared the others with that Ysalimari stunt, considering that, without their powers, a stiff wind could knock half of them down. You did a good job, and I don't think the Republic will forget about it for a while. And, it's kinder than what I would have done if our roles were reversed." Her smile weakens briefly.

"I've been thinking… how skilled are the crews on the ships that escaped? Do they have any hope of repairing them or running them on their own? If they can do it in secret, it might be a good idea for them to keep an eye on those worlds to make sure the Republic does what it said it would do.

"The Republic is a far cry from the Empire, but make no mistake -- they are angry. I want to make sure they don't take it out on the people they should be helping."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Conversation with Tyr   Conversation with Tyr Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 11:50 am

"Well there's no one quite like me or Mina on them. I'd shown them to do basic repairs and upkeep, so long as they don't have to completely rebuild a hyperdrive they should be okay. The ships aren't at 100% currently but they could still hold their own in fight in their current condition. They are currently laying low at an old shipyard in the Kathol Sector, I could have them send a couple scout ships to make sure the Republic isn't just sending press releases to the papers on what they're doing. It'd be hard to send Star Destroyers to quietly check up on the Republic."
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

PostSubject: Re: Conversation with Tyr   Conversation with Tyr Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:27 pm

"I was thinking of a shuttle or some other small ship, but I was worried in case they were followed back. I don't think we can be too careful at this point in time. How long had you been working on this? You trained an entire crew for these vessels!"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Conversation with Tyr   Conversation with Tyr Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 2:07 pm

"Well to be honest I made my Darth Revenant suit when I was sixteen. When it was completed I used it to challenge the two major warlords on Vigirith. With their armies and just a bit of tech it was easy to get other planets like Vigirith to follow me. Really though a couple planets were not just left over from the Empire or Old Republic a few were New Republic. Luckilly on those there were some older people who hadn't been so far removed they were completely unfamiliar with the technology. So they already knew minor repairs on smaller repuloslifts or starships it was easy to show them the difference in working with capital starships. You see your ordinary power converter can become polarized when....."

Tyr becomes very animated at this point and you have a feeling he can go on like this all night.
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

PostSubject: Re: Conversation with Tyr   Conversation with Tyr Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 7:13 pm

"Wait! So you actually took control of Vigrith?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Conversation with Tyr   Conversation with Tyr Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 7:45 pm

"Well yeah, that was step two, get an army. There was a challenge or two even after I killed the Warlords but that suit had quite a few surprises in it. I was actually looking forward to seeing how it would do against a group of powered down Jedi before you walked in that door on the Loki."
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

PostSubject: Re: Conversation with Tyr   Conversation with Tyr Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 1:43 am

"I... I'm not used to hearing you talk like that. When we were young, you never even hurt anyone, let alone killing them. That was my job."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Conversation with Tyr   Conversation with Tyr Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 10:03 pm

"When I thought I lost you back on Vigirith, I couldn't help but wonder if you'd still be there if I was just a little stronger. I couldn't afford to be helpless like that again."
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

PostSubject: Re: Conversation with Tyr   Conversation with Tyr Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:28 am

Freya shakes her head. "It wasn't your fault. It was mine. You did nothing wrong. I promised Mom that I would take care of you, and I was the one who was weak. If I was stronger I could have gotten you out of there -- or I wouldn't have let us get caught in the first place -- ", suddenly her expression becomes cold, "or I could have killed all of them."

Freya looks distant for a few moments before becoming animated again. "I understand that you have to defend yourself. I'm not going to let anyone I care about be defenseless again, but I don't want you to kill. Not unless it is absolutely necessary. It's too easy a thing to do, and it's not something you can take back." She smiles. "Let your big sister take of that."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conversation with Tyr   Conversation with Tyr Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Conversation with Tyr
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Corners of the Galaxy :: Leftovers :: Ember-
Jump to: