Dark Corners of the Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum site for players in my Star Wars D6 campaign. http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/dark-corners-of-the-galaxy

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Private Message to Ember

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Freya

Freya

A Private Message to Ember Empty
PostSubject: A Private Message to Ember   A Private Message to Ember Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 3:55 am

Voice Print Confirmed: Ember - 99.998% Certainty
Begin encrypted personal message:

Ember, I am not good at asking for help; it goes against how I was raised. However, I have a personal request for you that requires your aid and discretion.

I would like for you to transmit to me all the information you can find in the Archives concerning the Jensaarai. Considering Master Odis and the Council's stance on the matter, I believe you will understand why I cannot be seen doing this on my own. In case you are concerned about gaining the enmity of anyone at the Academy, I think you are perfect for this task -- because of your ubiquitous nature I do not think anyone in the Archives will notice.

While my standing with the Jedi does not concern me, for now I do not wish to jeopardize my position in S.T.A.R.S. Likewise, while Master Xandow undoubtedly has the information I am seeking, I would prefer to keep her out of this to protect her own standing with the Council.

I have included a cipher so that our communications can be kept private.

If you help me with my request you will have my heartfelt (yes, it does exist) thanks, and I will owe you a debt.

On the other hand, if you do not wish to participate, simply destroy this message and remove it from the logs. I will not trouble you again with the request.

- Archivist Freya Odanadi
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Private Message to Ember   A Private Message to Ember Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 3:52 am

Roughly twelve hours after you send your message to Ember, Captain Victus visits you in your quarters aboard the ship. He beeps something at you that you can't make out before plugging into an almost unnoticeable data port on a wall in your room. A hidden panel on the wall slides open and behind it is a view screen. The captain makes a few more beeps as he manipulates the data port and Ember appears on the view screen.

"Ah Mistress Freya, so good to see you again. The captain assures me this is a secure transmission we can speak freely over and knowing the Turtle as I do, I do not doubt the captain's words."

With this Captain Victus give a beep of goodbye to Ember and leaves the two of you to talk in your quarters. The lights of Ember's eyes dim in what you assume is his equivalent of raising his eyebrows and his voice changes from the usual crisp formality of a protocol droid to something almost casual and somewhat dark.

"Surely you realize Freya that the Jedi council forbids any students access to the texts concerning the Jensaarai and prohibits any of their members from providing such materials to students. What you may not realize Miss Odanadi, is that I am in no way shape or form a member of the Jedi Academy and am thus not bound by their rules set forth as they were, not by Master Odis, but by Master Skywalker some twenty five years ago. At least the rules concerning the Jensaarai."

His eyes return to their normal state, though his voice does not as he continues.

"You are fortunate Freya that I am what you might call, a free-lance librarian. Erron and I agree on many things and one of them is that knowledge, like the Force, should flow freely. I would not deny you this knowledge that you seek, but I do ask you indulge my own quest to further it and answer my questions. Why do you seek knowledge of the Jensaarai and what will you do with it?"
Back to top Go down
https://dcotg.forumotion.com
Freya

Freya

PostSubject: Re: A Private Message to Ember   A Private Message to Ember Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 1:03 am

Freya stands and bows at the waist. "Thank you for acknowledging my request, Ember. I have come to accept that things at the Academy are not entirely what they appear, and I understand your concerns. However, the Jedi have lied to me! It is a lie of omission, but it is a lie nonetheless.

"My Master died before my training was completed. He taught me of the Jedi and the Sith and of the those that follow derivations of their arts, but he never spoke of what we were. There was no name and no history, and it seemed normal to me. There was no need of it.

She begins pacing the room, almost prowling as the stalks back and forth. "After his death I was sent to the Academy and I never knew why. I never believed in the Jedi Code. Their ways were not mine. They treated me as if I was broken; sympathetic but an outsider. They let me believe I was mistake. Since then, I've been angry at my Master. I thought I had been tricked, that he was another one who had used me for his own ends!

"When the Jensaarai on Wayland spoke to me, it felt right. For the first time since I was on my own, I met someone that I immediately respected. Yes, I was being chastised, but it was familiar, it was proper. I have searched my feelings, and in my heart I feel these are my people! I was trained to be Jensaarai. The Jedi know this, and the chose to turn them into one of them. They have tried to take control of my destiny, and I will not have it!" Freya closes her eyes and takes a deep breath, realizing her anger is becoming unhealthy.

When she speaks again her tone is restrained, her demeanor a little timid, her eyes weary. "To answer your question, I… I am angry at the Council, Ember, but I want this information so I can try to understand why they did what they did. I want to know whether they were truly doing the right thing, or if they were simply misguided.

"And... I have no family, no culture, no connection to anything in the Galaxy other than through these books", she waves her hand around at the shelves behind her. "If I am Jensaarai, I want to know about who and what they are. I want to know who I am."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Private Message to Ember   A Private Message to Ember Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:39 am

While Ember's is incapable of relaying any emotion, his voice still seems to carry more feeling than a typical droid and in a sympathetic tone he answers you.

"I have probably spent more than half of my existence around books Freya, but even I have formed bonds and purpose beyond my programming. Droids by their very natures, do not have families, but over the years I found one. A family does not have to be defined by rules of biology. I hope you do not let your aloof nature prevent you from finding yours."

Ember's voice becomes stern as he continues.

"Also I would not be so quick to condemn or condone the actions of either the Jedi or the Jensaarai. While the Jedi have done a great disservice to you the Jensaarai often keep their own secrets and lies as well. Even among themselves they may relay information in half truths, expecting others to seek greater meaning to what is being said. The name Jensaarai is ancient Sith meaning "hidden followers of truth" and they take the hidden part to be quite literal. There was an agreement between Jedi and Jensaarai made long ago that the Jedi would help them to remain hidden often to the point of disavowing any knowledge of them. The Jensaarai generally do not recruit as the Jedi do, I believe that is why your master never mentioned them to you either. They may teach their ways to those who cross their paths, but only those that would seek the truth on their own would ever be considered to join them. The first step on the path of the Jensaarai is simply in learning who they are, in which case perhaps you are to be congratulated."

Ember's voice returns to that of a stuffy protocol droid.

"I could prattle on about the Jensaarai all night mistress Freya, but I suspect you'd find the actual texts much more useful. I will of course be happy to transmit them to you immediately. While I have never adhered to the saying that "all knowledge comes at a price" I do wonder if you might indulge me in one last request. A favor, if you would be so kind, that perhaps you and STARS Alpha might look into for me?"
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

PostSubject: Re: A Private Message to Ember   A Private Message to Ember Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 7:37 pm

Freya stands and bows again. "Thank you again, Ember. All I wish is for the opportunity to decide for myself. As for your request, I owe you a debt and debts must be paid. You have only to ask."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Private Message to Ember   A Private Message to Ember Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 12:56 pm

"If STARS Alpha could find the time to check on a friend off mine on Kashyyyk, it would be greatly appreciated. My friend is a fellow protocol droid working for Governor Vrnrrok in the capital city of Rwookrrorro. He has gone missing from the governor's office and I fear it may be the work of the droid killer you brought to my attention weeks ago. I had hoped it was perhaps an isolated incident, but if this is the work of the same individual then drastic steps may have to be taken. Please keep me informed of anything your investigation may turn up."
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

PostSubject: Re: A Private Message to Ember   A Private Message to Ember Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 1:47 am

Freya nods. "Of course. If I might ask, is it another M-BR-GE3 model like yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Private Message to Ember   A Private Message to Ember Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 2:39 am

"Yes, we are a very efficient model as I have said. Highly prized for our performance, you'd likely find few M-BR owners that would be willing to upgrade. I will of course transmit as much info on him and Governor Vrnrrok as I can along with the Jensaarai texts you requested. Will there be anything else Mistress Freya?"
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

PostSubject: Re: A Private Message to Ember   A Private Message to Ember Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 2:46 am

"That will be all. Thank you, Ember. As soon as we're done with our current rounds, I will discreetly encourage Alpha to check out Kashyyyk."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Private Message to Ember   A Private Message to Ember Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Private Message to Ember
Page 1 of 1