Dark Corners of the Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum site for players in my Star Wars D6 campaign. http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/dark-corners-of-the-galaxy

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

VLTD 8 report to Commander Utonos (log sept. 20th)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
wolfordtodd

wolfordtodd

VLTD 8 report to Commander Utonos (log sept. 20th) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VLTD 8 report to Commander Utonos (log sept. 20th)   VLTD 8 report to Commander Utonos (log sept. 20th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:19 pm

We were able to discover the buyer of some of the Emperor's lost artifacts. Apparently they were bought from the bank by someone called the Merchant. Based on his name I can only assume that he purchased them for their resale value. Unless he sold them in a lot, they are going to be hard to track down.

We investigated reports of a vampire like entity attacking young women at clubs. The planet was very close to the space vampires home planet, so we proceeded carefully. It turned out that the attacks did involve some unfinished business on our part, but not what we were expecting. The Sith Alcina had been brought back to life by her husband, and here upper body had been grafted onto a spider's abdomen. I missed the fight, but apparently Kerlos handled her husband, and then the group was able to dispatch her without much of a problem.

Next, I think that we plan to investigate some artifacts that are about to go on display. They seem to have caught the attention of Dannel.
Back to top Go down
wolfordtodd

wolfordtodd

PostSubject: Re: VLTD 8 report to Commander Utonos (log sept. 20th)   VLTD 8 report to Commander Utonos (log sept. 20th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 12:36 pm

I turn on my external recorder and actually record this log audibly in the the Jedi council chambers. Alarms are ringing and you can hear the sound of people's feet as the run back and forth.

"I love the smell of planetary invasion in the morning"

The sound of two lightsabers igniting is then heard followed by heavy footfalls echoing in a hallway.
Back to top Go down
wolfordtodd

wolfordtodd

PostSubject: Re: VLTD 8 report to Commander Utonos (log sept. 20th)   VLTD 8 report to Commander Utonos (log sept. 20th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 8:43 pm

Well, it seems like the destruction of the galaxy is becoming less an abstract vision seen by a few force users and more and more an imminent event. Mantorok has risen from Socorro and destroyed Xel’lotath and Chattur’gha. And this was all part of Sith's plans. All the death that Mantorok brought has served only to feed Sith. When Sith had no further use for Mantorok she feed on his death as well. I don't think that I will ever be able to forgive myself for the loss of life on Socorro. We knew what was going to happen and we did nothing. I can no longer allow myself to be distracted by trivial matters. Every action that I take from this point on must prepare me for the coming confrontation. My brother must be convinced of the danger that the galaxy faces. If Sith succeeds he will destroy all life, droids and organics. If my brother can not see our coming doom then he will have to be destroyed, and I have no time to worry about matters of honor. As we marshal forces against Sith we can not afford to be distracted by the genocidal plots of my brother. If we loose sight of the real threat that we face then Sith will win. My biggest fear of my coming confrontation with 13 is that he will not listen to reason because he has already chosen not to fight Sith, but to instead serve him.
Back to top Go down
wolfordtodd

wolfordtodd

PostSubject: Re: VLTD 8 report to Commander Utonos (log sept. 20th)   VLTD 8 report to Commander Utonos (log sept. 20th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 2:50 pm

Dannel was reunited with his parents who have been missing for many years. Their personalities were apparently trapped in some kind of prison while the former occupants of that prison inhabited their bodies. Dannel was able to switch them back to their proper places. I am happy for Dannel, but we have no time to celebrate when the fate of the galaxy is at stake. On a more personal note, I was able to get 13's assurance that he will stay out of galactic affairs for the time being. He is still bent on galactic domination, but intends to strike while the galaxy is in a state of chaos. I don't intend to let him get that chance. After the galaxy is safe 13 and I will have one last confrontation. I was happy that 3 of my brothers have chosen to join our cause. They are currently on board the ship. 5 seems obsessed with the star destroyer project, and is just staying with us until we can drop him off. I don't know much about 2 and 3. I will have to get to know more about them on the trip to Yavin.
Back to top Go down
wolfordtodd

wolfordtodd

PostSubject: Re: VLTD 8 report to Commander Utonos (log sept. 20th)   VLTD 8 report to Commander Utonos (log sept. 20th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 2:35 pm

Mina was able to defeat the space vampire and none of the planets inhabitants were killed in the process. I would have to label this the most clear cut victory that we have had in a while. There was a brief moment of concern when the vampire had trapped Mina behind a wall of blades, but it seems that he bit off a little more than he could chew. We also spoke with Ember Prime about his plans to take the young Jedi out of the galaxy. While I firmly believe that this is the wrong decision to make, I also believe that we don't have time to waste on matters like this when the fate of the galaxy hangs in the balance. I will have to be more vocal about my opinion if further distractions arise.
Back to top Go down
wolfordtodd

wolfordtodd

PostSubject: Re: VLTD 8 report to Commander Utonos (log sept. 20th)   VLTD 8 report to Commander Utonos (log sept. 20th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 8:07 pm

Dr. Vox has been taken back to the Defel. This may be for the best, but I can not allow him to be taken by force. If the others are not willing to go and rescue him I will have to go on my own. I told him that I would be by his side as long as he was a member of the crew and now I will honor that promise.
Back to top Go down
wolfordtodd

wolfordtodd

PostSubject: Re: VLTD 8 report to Commander Utonos (log sept. 20th)   VLTD 8 report to Commander Utonos (log sept. 20th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 8:36 pm

13 is dead. He continued to follow his programing until his death. I will always admire his dedication. I am forced to consider if history will consider my insisting that we face him heroic, or the actions of a naive fool. ENOUGH!! I can no longer harbor this self doubt. My way must be the correct choice, because there is no longer any alternative. Sentient droids will be free from their slavery to organics, and I will make sure that there is a minimum loss of life in the confrontation. I will have to keep a close eye on 2 and 3. I know that their methods run closer to 13's than my own. I will have to convince them to give the organics a chance to come around before we resort to more drastic measures. It will be hard for them considering that for the last several years they have devoted themselves to finding new ways to kill organics. Perhaps I can turn their expertise to nonlethal endeavors. Now we just have to deal with Sith, so that there is a galaxy left to start the droid revolution in. I guess that I have some comfort in the thought that if we fail the ember droids will be in a position of equality when they reach a new galaxy.
Back to top Go down
wolfordtodd

wolfordtodd

PostSubject: Re: VLTD 8 report to Commander Utonos (log sept. 20th)   VLTD 8 report to Commander Utonos (log sept. 20th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:01 am

Commander Utonos

I heard on the galactic news that the new republic has recently lost some kind of ship. I presume that installing kill switches on droids, and ordering their destruction probably occupies a large portion of your time. So I figured that I should offer my assistance. If you have any leads on the "space pirates" that were apparently able to capture your secret ship I will be happy to look into them for you. This should allow you to get back to the important business of conducting planetary blocakdes with super star destroyers in the hopes of finding renegade droids; which we all know is a much better use of your valuable time than safeguarding the new republic's resources.

Your friend,

VLTD 8
Back to top Go down
wolfordtodd

wolfordtodd

PostSubject: Re: VLTD 8 report to Commander Utonos (log sept. 20th)   VLTD 8 report to Commander Utonos (log sept. 20th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 5:22 pm

Somehow even though we had split into three groups we all wound up on the remote ice planet Vigrith at about the same time. It was almost like the force was guiding us there. We dealt with a person who had been possessed by an ancient sith. I was happy that we were able to end the conflict without killing this individual. We were able to cut him off from the influence of the artifact, and then the Reaper dealt with the sith's presence. I can only assume that he felt that the sith had lived for too long.

Freya had some personal business to attend to and asked the rest of us to give her a moment. I assume that she will tell us if there is anything that she needs help with. I was startled by the others lack of respect for Freya when they ignored her request. I doubt that they would be as forgiving as Freya was if she ignored a similar request from them. However we have no time to get caught up in group politics. Sith's awakening looms.
Back to top Go down
wolfordtodd

wolfordtodd

PostSubject: Re: VLTD 8 report to Commander Utonos (log sept. 20th)   VLTD 8 report to Commander Utonos (log sept. 20th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 3:55 pm

We are on the trail of the missing ambassador from Dathomir; so far we have not found anything more threatening than pirates. Tryce was impressive in the fight. I think that he has found a way to use the force in the cockpit. This will make him a real terror in space, not that he wasn't already. It seems that the kidnapping was arranged by the other missing new republic ambassador. I find it hard to believe that their isn't a more powerful force behind this plot. Keeping a planet possessing powerful force users from joining the republic seems like it plays right into Sith's plans. He probably feels that the galaxy will give him less indigestion this way.
Back to top Go down
wolfordtodd

wolfordtodd

PostSubject: Re: VLTD 8 report to Commander Utonos (log sept. 20th)   VLTD 8 report to Commander Utonos (log sept. 20th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 5:25 pm

The Sith that killed the ambassador from Dathomir were defeated, but I wish that we could have gotten more information about the nature of their contact with Sith. Were they recruited directly by him or did some minion of his that we have not yet meet contact them. More importantly, why does he care? If he feels that he must recruit servants to do his bidding perhaps he is not as sure of his success as one might think. Perhaps he has some weakness of which we are not aware and he is trying to bolster its defenses. Unfortunately he might also just be using sound strategy and be trying to get every advantage possible. However, my circuits tell me that some one who has made them self into the living embodiment of the dark side wouldn't bother unless there is something that we are missing.
Back to top Go down
wolfordtodd

wolfordtodd

PostSubject: Re: VLTD 8 report to Commander Utonos (log sept. 20th)   VLTD 8 report to Commander Utonos (log sept. 20th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 4:28 pm

Two Weeks. It is much better to know how long we have than to be surprised by the apocalypse, but the personal cost was steep. The darkside energy surrounding Sith in my vision was more than I could take. I am glad that I only did damage to my self after the vision, and did not try to hurt any of my teammates. Although even if I had gone berserk I think that Freya could have incapacitated me quickly. This is it; we have to make our final preparations for the coming confrontation.

Apparently Sith likes to set traps for those who would look for him. The Shard of Sith appears to have been a double trap. First it possessed the poor Quaran who happened to find it. Next from what I can discern it will send out some kind of massive force signal if the fake version is ever combined with the other holocrons. I think that we would have every servant of Sith in the immediate vicinity after us if we put it together. I have an idea for turning this trap against Sith and his servants, and like all great plans it involves a black hole.
Back to top Go down
wolfordtodd

wolfordtodd

PostSubject: Re: VLTD 8 report to Commander Utonos (log sept. 20th)   VLTD 8 report to Commander Utonos (log sept. 20th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 3:21 pm

Freya and I stared into the face of evil and evil stared back at us. We were able to climb down the cracks that Sith made in Myrkr and do some investigation. I did not want to get to close because my programming in stealth is greatly lacking. Freya went all the way down and collected a sample. Hopefully the Doctor or my brothers will be able to tell us something useful about Sith from the sample.

Freya is concerned that we still don't know enough about the real shard of Sith and what its purpose was. I have to say that I agree with her. It must be important in some way that we have not determined. I just have no idea how to further investigate it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VLTD 8 report to Commander Utonos (log sept. 20th)   VLTD 8 report to Commander Utonos (log sept. 20th) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VLTD 8 report to Commander Utonos (log sept. 20th)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Corners of the Galaxy :: IC - In character posts and adventure logs :: Adventure Logs-
Jump to: