Dark Corners of the Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum site for players in my Star Wars D6 campaign. http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/dark-corners-of-the-galaxy

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Message to Yavin 4

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Freya

Freya

A Message to Yavin 4 Empty
PostSubject: A Message to Yavin 4   A Message to Yavin 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 1:06 am

Message to the Jedi Council:
Begin encrypted message:

Alpha has acquired the location of Xel'lotath as well as two items that could possibly provide a sizable advantage to us when the apocalypse begins within the next week. However, this information comes with a price. I know the current state of the Academy, so I will give you four hours to gather as many of the Council as possible so we can begin negotiations.

When you are ready to begin, please contact me on the encrypted frequency provided. Time is of the essence, and any attempt to make contact with other members of Alpha could jeopardize what I have to say.

- Freya Odanadi
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Message to Yavin 4   A Message to Yavin 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 2:11 am

An hour after you send your transmission...

Secure Line Established

Now Transmitting from Yavin IV

As the view screen opens up you see the Jedi Council room. No one from the Jedi Council you remember is present however. Sitting at the table are six figures. On one side is Stan Boliscon, Ember, and Bouob Frindon the head lightsaber dueling instructor. Opposite them sit the two Jensaarai you meet on Wayland and Erron Xandow. The armored Jensaarai's armor looks to have seen heavy combat recently and is cracked and marked by blaster scoring in many places, his companion bears a look of little sleep and too much stress. Mistress Erron, no longer caring to maintain her vanity, looks to be in her late forties without her Force Glamour.

Stan looking a little confused and fidgety speaks up, "We three are acting Council in the place of Masters Odis, Naff, and Tarrnkass. Uh....and well as they left, they did say we speak for the Jedi, I guess. So any decisions reached by the myself, Ember, and Bouob will be honored by any returning members at a later date upon their...umm...honor as Jedi."

Erron then clears her throat, "We also were in the middle of negotiations with the "council" as it were. The Saarai-kaar has agreed to defer to you if you wish to speak with the council alone. However, if you have no objections to our presence we would sit in on this conference as well."
Back to top Go down
https://dcotg.forumotion.com
Freya

Freya

PostSubject: Re: A Message to Yavin 4   A Message to Yavin 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 4:03 am

Probably for the first time since any of them have known her, Freya gets a childishly perturbed expression. "Well, hell. This won't pack the same impact as I had hoped since I don't really care about 'sticking it' to any of you." Then, she mutters, "I like you..."

She shakes her head and restores her game-face.. "That will not be necessary, Mistress Xandow." She bows her head. "What I have to say to them, I do not mind saying in front of you."

"We have important information concerning Xel'lotath, which I will turn over without trouble. However, there is an issue that is a greater concern to me than the end of the galaxy at the moment: my team. They have improved in skill and confidence over the last few months, but have also made some bad choices -- and I let them because the choices were theirs to make. However, I am not leaving this one up to them. They are effective, but too dangerous to be left as loose cannons and they need the wisdom of their elders from time to time.

"My demands are as follows:

"First, I want the STARS teams re-instated. Alpha works well, but still needs some kind of authority to report to. They certainly can't continue as vigilantes or mercenaries. They need access to Academy resources, and the Jedi need their information. I think Bravo might find it useful, too.

"Second, I want them to be able to return to their lives at the Academy, if they so choose, without repercussions. They decided to continue STARS's mission even when it was disbanded because it was the right thing to do. As an aside to that, you'll probably want to know that Dannel is with us and not on Socorro where he was assigned.

"Lastly, I want you to try to get the New Republic's bounty on Eight removed. His service to the team has never wavered, and I have had no reason to question his loyalty. The bounty on him only serves as a distraction and makes doing our job harder when we have to worry about every Republic cruiser or Star Destroyer.

"As for myself, I have no desire to return to the Academy or my position in the Archives. I have been enjoying my freedom and will not let you return me to my bottle. I'm content for now to continue with STARS as a private citizen."

"That's it," Freya shrugs.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Message to Yavin 4   A Message to Yavin 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 2:41 pm

The three council members begin conferring among themselves in hushed tones that barely carry through the viewscreen. The Jensaarai also mutter a few words, very few words, among themselves and then like you await the council's ruling. After a few moments Stan begins to rise out of his seat to respond, but Ember puts his hand in front of him as if to ask him to sit.

"May I sir?"

"Oh please, thank you!" Stan replies back to him.

"Mistress Freya, all of us present know of the coming danger. Between the Sith Lords and The Forgotten we thought we would be fighting a war on two fronts. However, recent information provided by the Jensaarai would show we may soon be fighting that war on three fronts. We cannot afford to turn away any allies, especially ones such as yourselves. STARS is hereby reinstated by our power as the Jedi Council and any or all members of STARS Alpha and Bravo are welcome to return as members of the Academy with no reprecussions. While we cannot promise the support of the New Republic at this time, we will petition them and do our best to have 8's bounty removed. Your bounty placed by the Jedi Council will also be removed as a sign of good faith that the Swords will be returned at a later time."

"Will these terms be agreeable to you Mistress Freya?"
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

PostSubject: Re: A Message to Yavin 4   A Message to Yavin 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 4:26 pm

"Certainly. Thank you." She bows her head politely.

"I do not wish to interrupt the Jensaarai, but depending on the information I have, this could expand to four fronts since it appears that Mantorok is a free agent."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Message to Yavin 4   A Message to Yavin 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 6:22 pm

The Saarai-Kaar stands up this time to answer you.

"Reviewing the information you sent us on Mantorok we would caution you in trusting him. However, if he could become our ally in this we can not afford to lose him. Any one of the four is more powerful than anything this galaxy has ever faced and alone we have no hope of combating them. You yourself, Freya Odanadi, are a self proclaimed free agent of the Force now, so that alone is not reason to distrust him. I have tried to look into this event, but there is too much chaos, and too many possible outcomes to clearly see it through the Force. Whether Mantorok would ally with us or if Xel'lotath is doing us a favor is unclear. We are reluctant to commit many resource to this endeavor when the results are so uncertain."

"Also, Erron has told me one of your number bears a Mark. Has this been dealt with?"
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

PostSubject: Re: A Message to Yavin 4   A Message to Yavin 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 8:34 pm

Freya bows.

"We have a few ideas on how to remove it or blind it. Other than killing her, I believe the best option is for Mina to seal the wound within herself, but for now we think it could be useful as a means of disinformation. So far, Xel'lotath appears to be a very powerful seer, but is not omniscient."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Message to Yavin 4   A Message to Yavin 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 10:58 pm

"I would not suggest you let it linger for much longer. Xel'lotath's hold on her will only grow. I know of only two ways to remove such a mark, one is used by Master Odis, the other wielded by me. If we should meet again and your friend is still Marked, I will not hesitate to do what you can not."

You notice Erron wince and grab at her arm when he mentions this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Message to Yavin 4   A Message to Yavin 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Message to Yavin 4
Page 1 of 1