Dark Corners of the Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum site for players in my Star Wars D6 campaign. http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/dark-corners-of-the-galaxy

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Freya's Log

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Freya

Freya

Freya's Log Empty
PostSubject: Freya's Log   Freya's Log Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 6:47 pm

Report to the Jedi Council From the Field
Archivist Freya Odanadi

The day began normally enough, with Dannel arguing that the Archive's records were not thorough enough for his studies. Will someone please ask Ember about this missing Volume 28 while I am away so that Dr. Jakonos will be adequately distracted upon his return?

We were interrupted by news that a freshly-drained swamp had uncovered another temple pyramid, and our aid was requested. Dannel had some difficulty getting us inside, but once to door was opened we found your standard abandoned ancient temple, raided long ago and empty. We did find a broken datapad which the engineer Mina repaired enough to give us some idea of what had happened. The temple had been raided by agents of Emperor Palpatine shortly after his rise to power, and the artifacts, including lightsabers and several Sith devices, had been taken back to Coruscant for his private collection.

Shortly thereafter, we were notified that the New Republic, had possibly discovered one of the Emperor's private sanctuaries while they were scouting the ruins of Lusankya. Of course, a coincidence like that does not escape those skilled in the Force, and the Council authorized us to travel to Coruscant and "contain or destroy" the artifacts.

Ember pointed out another synchronicity, the arrival of a ship commanded by one of his old companions -- the first astromech captain I have ever met. His ship, The Prodigal Turtle, was an old Ghtroc 720 like the one my Master owned. Ours, however, never nearly fell out of the sky. This required Mina to join us, to keep the engines running. The pilot, Tryce, handled the situation well and seems very competent at his job. His lightsaber skills are a completely different matter, though -- you will find this theme repeated throughout the report.

On Coruscant, we were briefed by the New Republic on what they had found and were supplied with a Dressellian scout, Kassatiebbel, and a combat droid, VLTD8, which I'm sure you already have records on. Kas seems to have some personal problem with Jedi, while VLTD8 is merely hostile towards organic life forms.

After entering the facility, a process in which Mina and Tryce did their best to confirm Kas' expectations, I sensed danger and sent the droid ahead. The short fight that ensued should have served as a warning of the shape of things to come. The scout and the droid did well, as expected, although I was curious to see what would have happened had the droids that were protecting the hallway not run out of power.

Once inside, we located the room with the artifacts. Distracted by them, Dannel did not see the Trandoshan child who was looting. Kas gave chase, but the boy dove in and out of the ducts -- causing him to become infected with the Krtyos virus after unwittingly breaking a tank in one of the rooms he fled through.

Kas tracked him with some probe droids he had brought, while our focus shifted from securing the artifacts to containing the possible outbreak among the Coruscant slums. To their credit, everyone seemed more concerned about the danger to the boy and the people, than with the objects. While a team of Caduceus doctors secured the area, we tracked the Trandoshan to a pawn shop.

Once inside, the situation degenerated quickly, the owner believing that we were New Republic agents trying to shut down his operation. I managed to stop him from using one of the artifacts on us without violence, but what followed was something that resembled letting a group of blind, drunken Ewok children loose in a glitterstim lab run by Rancors and fed with crazy.

Do Jedi not have to show some modicum of skill before they are given a lightsaber, or is one merely handed out to anyone who gets in the door? After watching them being used for welding torches and self-flagellation, I nearly confiscated them for their owner's safety. However, burns and scars are good teachers, and they appear to have quite a bit of higher education ahead of them.

I secured the artifact while the Jedi provided adequate distraction for Kas and 8 to put an end to the fighting.

Afterwards, we managed to contain the outbreak and saved the Trandoshan's life, then secured the remaining artifacts.

As for my impressions:

The Council knows my views on Dr. Jakonos, so I will not waste space here.

Mina, Tryce, and Artemis are inoffensive and very competent at their professions, but, once again, I question giving them weapons -- if nothing else, then for my own safety.

VLTD8 has proven himself a useful tool in combat, although I am uneasy with giving a droid a lightsaber even if it is of the non-lethal variety. However, having seen his skills I think the Jedi could do well with utilizing him for his original purpose.

Kassatiebbel had no hesitation in resorting to violence which I believe caused the situation in the pawn shop to escalate, although he showed restraint in confining himself to the stun setting. I will have to keep this in mind. If channeled correctly, his anger and resentment could be forged into an useful, if crude and blunt, weapon -- an asset to such a genteel group.

I will make sure that the items we find are properly cataloged and documented for the Council. Also, since the New Republic seems to have no concern over the artifacts themselves since the immediate danger is gone, I would like to request that we be allowed to continue the investigation on our own. History has shown that no good can come of having these things floating around the general public, collectors, or worse.

Your Devoted Babysitter,
Freya

Last edited by mlove on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Formatting & organization)
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

Freya's Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:52 am

Freya Odanadi, Personal Journal:

It has been a most disturbing day. I had sensed something was wrong when we arrived in orbit around Olyoath Prime, now known as Tanavis Prime. I knew ahead of time that it was one of Emperor Palpatine's oubliettes, but I was not prepared for what we encountered.

The cold. The dead. The Dark.

Eighty-two hundred people tortured and killed on the whims of a madman. I know that there have been slaughters on a larger scale, but those were exercises of ruthless efficiency, not the soul-twisting experiments of the Sith. It isn't often that murders of this magnitude have that personal touch.

The seriousness of the situation was apparent to everyone, and the mood galvanized the others who accompanied me. Even their lightsaber skills seemed more focused, although they were little more than security blankets against the spirits we were dealing with.

I dislike dealing with the dead even more than I hate the cold, and the two of them together bring back too many unpleasant memories -- memories best left buried.

However, the Force brought us here for a reason. The synchronicity of the records we discovered and the lost recon team were obvious. We're being guided. The Force wants to show us something, a larger picture, but the tapestry is still incomplete and I can feel the threads being pulled together. To tell the truth, I do not know why I spend so much time studying something that seems to hate me.

I do not know what lurked behind the doors we found under the fountain, but we know that the gate was opened at least once before and the fate of the one who crossed its threshold is unknown to us. If there is any justice beyond that which we make for ourselves, I can only hope that the Void gives him eternity to ponder the mistakes he has made and the atrocities he has visited upon this place.

If I had the skill I would have wiped the complex from the face of planet and then buried the rest under the snow and ice. As it is, I consider ourselves lucky that we got out of there with just minor injuries and a terrified Shistavenen

I will ask Kas to petition the New Republic to quarantine Tanavis Prime. While I believe that their spirits are finally at rest, I think it is best that this world be left to continue its journey through the night alone and undisturbed.

When we arrive on Coruscant I will begin researching these artifacts in earnest. For now, however, I will take the time to meditate… And ignore the question that disturbs me the most: If that small, black, stone dagger opened those doors… what doors do the larger, black, stone swords we found open?
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

Freya's Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 8:25 pm

Freya Odanadi, Personal Journal

So, I've been roped into joining S.T.A.R.S. -- a joint Republic / Jedi venture. We're expected to risk our lives flying off into unexplored areas of the galaxy tracking down lost and stolen artifacts that can burn flesh, break minds, and twist souls, by ourselves with little support. Of course they knew I couldn't resist, so I have the feeling that the Council knew that this was coming all along. However, I get to leave them behind along with the short leash they keep me on.

I'm on a ship, another 720, and it's good to feel space under my feet, again. It's almost like I'm flying through the galaxy with my Master once more. I even purchased the same room I had back on The Precipice, although that was more about practicality than nostalgia; now that I'm away from Yavin and have secured a degree of privacy from Captain Victus I can take up my old practice and meditation routines. Also, if I don't have some place that I can escape to, I'll give myself a Sith lobotomy.

Update:
We pursued what turned out to be a Force-wielding assassin on Tatooine, today. During the brief pursuit and fight that followed, I ignited my saber today for the first time in almost eight months -- for self-defense, of course. The poor thing has been dormant for so long that I was a little surprised she lit-up so quickly. I believe I was quick enough that only the Mad Gear who fired on me actually saw it, but it was still a little sloppy.

The droid's initiative has impressed me, again, even if its his initial actions did not live up to its his expectations.

Kas appears to desire that he was elsewhere. Perhaps his attitude will improve when we leave the charted territories, assuming the Jedi do not work at making it worse.

On that note, the less said about Tryce's close encounter with a Mad Gear, and Dr. Artemis' flailing attempts to save what remained of what I loosely call the thug's "head", the better.

Mina continues to be inoffensive.
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

Freya's Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 2:58 am

We investigated the attempted assassination of Governor Endren of Raltiir, and while we didn't turn up the leads we had hoped for, we came across some unsettling information.

I do not fear or hate droids. They are just… alien… to me. Everyone treats them like they are people, but they are dead things to me, like a carriage or plow. Still, I am told they are sentient and I try to remind myself they are alive. If any of my suspicions are correct, however, I have new reservations involving them. Eight expressed interest in investigating the recent droid rebellion on Corellia. After reading the report more closely I believe he is onto something, although I'm not certain whether he is a victim or a participant in all of this.

The threads pull tighter.

Update:
We left Raltiir to check upon Kessel, a recent loss of communications having caused alarm. Shortly after landing we came face to face with the reason for the blackout and, apparently, Tryce's nightmares: Spiders. He's afraid of spiders. The kind that used to crawl around us. Much larger, to be sure, and a special threat of their own, but still the crunchy-on-the-outside, gooey-on-the-inside variety.

The security footage showed us how they attacked the operation, smashing the equipment and carrying the miners deep into the caves. They were lead by a woman with a spider-shaped helm clutched to her face. Obviously another of the artifacts we have been sent to recover.

Inside the mines, we were set upon by her minions. This is where Tryce let his fear guide him. For most people, that would involve a shriek and a sprint. In one sensitive to the Force, however, it is an interesting little exercise in self-destruction. I sensed the quick flare of the Dark Side within him as he took out his fears on the creatures. It was distressing to watch, much in the same way you cannot help but stare at a speeder collision, but I have to admit his saber skills have never been sharper.

As for myself, my blade and I helped dispatch several of the creatures, and she was happy to be of service, again.

After freeing a few of the miners and the members of the recon team that were sent earlier to investigate, we proceeded deeper into the Sith's lair. We finally came upon her, sitting on her throne, surrounded by more spiders and captives she had been slowly driving mad with her whispers.

Those with blasters tried to take advantage of the distance, but she easily deflected their shots with her lightsaber; one of the blasts even being reflected back at Eight. Fortunately, he was undamaged. We were preparing to take the attack to her when Tryce decided to charge. Once again he drew power from his fear and, miraculously, he managed to survive and attack that I thought for sure who have wounded him terribly.

I moved in to help him and was joined by the others. With so many surrounding her I was certain someone was going to lose a limb, but my companions' skills seem to be improving little-by-little. Their moves were clumsy to be sure, but their caution and seriousness was appreciated.

I tried not to kill her, but Artemis' inexperience led him to turn a disarm into a disemboweling. I guess I cannot fault him for it, though. Our enemy deserved it; indeed she had already accepted this fate by virtue of the path she had chosen.

… log recording paused …

It is too easy for me to kill, in training and in temperament. My Master knew this and took great pains to ensure that I understood it, too. He taught me my limits: what I can do, what I shouldn't do, and what I must never do.

Tryce doesn't appear to have had any training like that, which once again makes me wonder what these Apprentices learned at the Academy.

"There is no emotion, there is peace."

That is part of the Jedi Code, correct? Do they not practice what they have learned? Or have I misinterpreted what is going on? Have I been sent out with the Academy's failures? Sent out to the edge of the galaxy on a fool's errand until our ship decides to cease holding together?

... recording unit's g-force shock-sensor engaged: automatic shutdown ...
... unit power restored -- document recovery completed -- continue recording ...

No, that's is not the Jedi way. They, like my Master, would strive to wrap this in a lesson of some sort. Their failing might be in underestimating what our encounters would drive us to do so soon.

My Master taught me "Through passion, I gain strength.". The point is for passion to reinforce the will. My convictions give me strength. Fear brings weakness, and is useless. What is the point of gaining a little power while you bare your flaws to your enemies?

Tryce's future turns on how he deals with this. In a way he is lucky. He did not strike anyone down in fear or anger, but in another sense the path of fear is more insidious and has a way of striking down its victim when they least expect it. I see a similar fate in store for him. Not now, and certainly not just because of this one incident (and, hopefully, not because of a spider)… but if he does not heed this warning, his fear will be his undoing.

And I will make it a point to be as far away from him as possible if that happens.

That's enough dwelling on these events for, now. I have to begin cataloging and researching the items we have procured today. I'll have time later to meditate on the most important thing my Master taught me:

"Through victory my chains are broken.
The Force shall set me free."
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

Freya's Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 12:12 am

Artemis did not react well when I presented him with Alcina's lightsaber. I thought he would have been more appreciative, considering the difference in their skill levels and the craftsmanship of her weapon. He took it, but asked me if I hated him. I just don't understand these people. Much of the time the droid and Kas seem the most sensible.

Update:
The man in armor, the Jensaarai we encountered on Wayland, said that my Master would be ashamed of me. Rarely have I been so insulted, but I was so taken aback by the truth in his words that I couldn't even respond. I must have looked like an idiot!

… unit vibrational sensor tripped …

The years at the Academy have had their desired effect on me. The lapdog of the Jedi, he called me, and he was right! I've let them collar me and pen me away in the Archives where I won't be an embarrassment to them. They let me out to do their bidding, then allow me to feed on the scraps of knowledge that are strewn about.

I've let them declaw me. I let them dictate to me when I will draw my weapon, how I can meditate, what parts of my training I may practice -- And what have I gotten in return? Deception, omission, and disdain. They made me believe I was an anomaly, a mistake. They made me think I was alone! And I let them!

… g-force shock-sensor warning …

They knew of Voss' prophecy before we were sent out on our mission. They've kept the Jedi in the dark while we do their investigation for them and take all the risks! I despise being used, and especially by cowards and liars! No more!

It is time I made my Master proud, once more. When this business with the Bo'Marr is concluded I will take control of my destiny, again. The Force shall set me free.

… Warning: repeatedly exposing your SoroSuub PR-35 personal recording unit to extremes of pressure and vibration will void its warranty …

Update:
My personal recorder has been acting up. I'll have to get a new one or I'll be back to pen and paper.
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

Freya's Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 4:40 am

I have received the information I requested, and it is going to take a while to digest it all. Strangely enough, the transaction itself was almost more stimulating than the data. Now, I just need to arrange things so I can repay the favor in a timely fashion.

However, now I have to worry about more than just protecting myself. I cannot let his integrity be called into question, so, starting with this entry, I am encrypting my personal log in addition to just using a dead language.

Update:
We picked up Tryce from therapy, today. They must have done something right because he seemed much more at ease. If only everyone could get a week off after a mental breakdown…

Update:
We managed to rescue one of the six crewmen who were trapped on the Bo'Marr dreadnought -- still better than I had expected. The ship was decorated in Late Flesh, with hints of Pain and Madness. Just the thing to ease me into my dreams tonight.

The galaxy seems to be getting darker by the day.

Anyway, it was fortuitous to have Tryce back at the stick when the fighters attacked.

Update:
Things have gone poorly while trying to assist Bravo, and despite our attempts to come up with a cunning plan it looks like we're going with a frontal assault. If I am dead in my next update, I will be bloody-well annoyed.
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

Freya's Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 1:53 am

We survived, escaped with the captured members of Bravo, and left their Vigil operation in shambles. Not bad. It's even worth the small bounty. Eight, on the other hand, has had a much larger target painted on him and now the Republic wants us to return him for deactivation after being framed by the other VLTD's. That will not stand.

Update:
Idiots.

I don't mind being stunned. From past experience I figured there was a 25% chance it would end up like that, anyway. I don't even mind my good Ansionian tea going to waste. What angers me is being prevented from doing my job and being treated like an amateur by ignorant fools.

• Dannel, with his extensive documentation and poor real-world experience -- telling me how to handle Sith artifacts like it was not part of my training.

• The good Doctor Artemis with his flexible morals -- so worried about those who suffer within his line of sight, but flush with the dumb pride of a dog who has dragged its prey to its master's step when he slaughters a collection of senseless monks.

• Mina, unwilling to become involved in anything beyond her machinery; meek to the point of condoning. She did not aid or hinder, but standing on the sideline is perhaps the worst offense.

All so afraid to move together against the creatures and Darksiders we have encountered, yet so quick and eager to move against me. They were afraid I would kill them? Tryce? When I have been the one trying to avoid conflict as much as possible? How am I supposed to work with those who cannot even tell the difference between ally and foe?

Their dogma tells them that passion is to be scorned as a danger, but not one of them has ever questioned or confronted it within themselves. Pride and fear cloud their judgment and hinder their understanding. They would prefer that we lock these things away? If that was our purpose it would be best just to destroy them and be done with it!

They refuse to see that this is the reason I am here. These items have no hold on me as long as I treat them with respect and know myself. The power they offer is not the kind I seek, and baubles do not attract me. I have traced the faults of my soul. I know where danger lies and what can be used to ensnare me, and I avoid it. In many ways I was the ideal candidate to wield the sword. I am no stranger to that emotion and I know enough to separate my own anger from its own. I let it touch me briefly to understand how it worked, but I was always in control.

Maybe they were not prepared to see that. Maybe the fault is mine for having confused their recent confidence as maturation and not bravado. In any case, they assume their own weaknesses onto others, and theirs are not mine.

For someone with no formal training, Tryce handled himself well and was not in need of the aid he was given. I chose him for a reason: his fear caused him to tap the Dark Side, yet he has been working to overcome it. That shows a degree of personal discipline I have not seen from the other Jedi on the team and allowed me to kill three birds with one stone. With the appropriate training he could be much more than he is, but after seeing how the rest reacted I am hesitant to suggest such things for now.

VLTD-8 immediately understood what I was was doing and I was confidant that his was the only supervision necessary. Strange that out of all of them I would feel the most in-tune with the droid. I'm not sure whether that says more about myself or them.

The most unexpected result was Kas's decision to leave the team. Not willing to compromise his own morals at the perceived wrongness of my actions or the Jedi Council's refusal to censure me, he clearly stated his disapproval and resigned. It was a wonderful display of personal integrity that, oddly, proved his importance to the group as he left it. Unfortunately, his absence means that common sense and counsel are now at a premium on The Prodigal Turtle. And worse, I'm back to being a damned babysitter for a ship full of children armed with blasters and lightsabers. Maybe Kas had the right idea.

Update:
VLTD-6 made a rather brazen attack on Ember in the Archives during today's Jedi indoctrination ceremony. I had suspected that Ember had been replaced recently, especially after talking to Mistress Xandow, but it was not sinister as I had feared. After dispatching the VLTD we learned that this M-BR-GE3 unit replaced our own Ember who has now gone into hiding.

And force-wielding droids. That will take a while to wrap my mind around.
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

Freya's Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 8:58 pm

Freya Odanadi, Personal Journal

I am free.
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

Freya's Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:06 am

I had to take Mina aside and explain what I was doing. She took it surprisingly well and accepted the explanation I gave her for not telling the others. Also, despite the obvious danger my plan would subject her to, she agreed. My plan faltered a little at the beginning, though. Between the difficulty of convincing them to let me go along with Mina, and my own stupidity at turning off the tracking device and alerting them, I nearly had them rushing in before I could get what I was after.

When we arrived at the abandoned factory he had picked out, I presented Mina to "Jack". In exchange, he gave me what I wanted -- the location of Xel'lotath. And all Mina had to do is stave him off with her lightsaber for a couple of minutes until the others arrived to rescue her.

After starting strongly, the battle began to turn against her. For a moment I thought that she might actually die at the creature's hands, but her frustration and embarrassment finally drove her overcome her Jedi dogma. Calling upon her inner strength, she re-surged and vanquished the thing. In a flash of crimson light it was gone, its body consumed by the Dark Side. What it said to her as it threw itself onto her weapon is a mystery to me, though. I have my own secrets, and if Mina wants to talk about it I'm sure she will. I suppose I can no longer describe her as "inoffensive".

In the end, everything turned out as I had planned:
  • Jack's hunts were ended,
  • Mina got a taste of her potential,
  • someone finally showed the courage to do what was necessary,
  • and we obtained information that (if true) neither the hundreds of Jedi and their Masters scattered across the Galaxy have been able to gleam.
Ando -- he said we could seek Xel'lotath on Ando, the Aqualish homeworld. I don't know whether this is truly the world we seek, another clue, or just a complete lie. When the damned thing spoke to me in my mind he mentioned honor. I don't think he felt any need for deception. I'm sure Xel'lotath's secrets protect themselves.

In any case we need to be sure about this before we tell anyone else. There's no need to send the Jedi on a fool's errand because we couldn't be bothered to confirm the validity of the information. I've told Mina what I discovered -- she earned it easily, but with the recent news that someone is sending reports back to the Jedi Council we will have to be careful until we are certain. I've told the others that I wish to go to Ando, but not the reason.

Strangely enough, no one has questioned me about my actions on Nar Shaddaa. Perhaps they are finally letting me do what I am here to do. Sometimes you have to tug, but the threads continue to pull tighter.

Not a bad day. All in all, I think my Master would be pleased with how things turned out.
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

Freya's Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 3:12 am

We have arrived on Socorro, a nice little out of the way world that has no idea what the word "cold" means. This is the perfect place to shop for materials and items that would either be unavailable, or attract too much scrutiny, in Republic-controlled space. Good.

While I was shopping, Kerlos tracked down the dealer who sold the lightsabers to the "Sith" we encountered on Nal Hutta. Posing as another dealer, and presenting Tryce and Mina as artisans, they managed to track down his source -- a bounty-hunter's ship that had crashed long ago. At least it wasn't an ancient Sith temple or some such nonsense.

On a side note, I'm not sure, but I think we're now partnered to traffic in lightsabers.

Anyway, our growing reputation must have preceeded us since as soon as we landed on the planet, the ground lurched in a great, unexpected quake. We heard word that a new weeping statue had appeared in the desert and went to investigate. For being 150 miles outside of the city, the sight had attracted an awful lot of people.

Getting away from the crowd, I managed to briefly scry upon the creation of the statues. In the quick flash, I saw Mantorok, a Duinuogwuin, create them from a mountain of black stone.

These are the moments I live for. Well, these and watching people squirm.

I also spoke to a Reaper. First, he had a warning that we needed to get the Swords of Hate away from Socorro; Mantorok was stirring and it was too early for him to awaken. The Captain obliged immediately.

More interestingly, he confirmed what I had read: that the Reapers' bring an end to things that have lived too long. More disturbingly, though, he told me that he was the last of his people -- the other Reapers had been corrupted by Xel'lotath. This explains the vision that I saw where a group of Reapers, the Reapers of Xel'lotath, gave the helm to Alsina.

This, coupled with what Jack told me -- that Mantorok had left the Four and Xel'lotath had taken over his domain -- seems to indicate that there is some kind of underlying intricacies in the relationship of the Four. I wonder what Mantorok's abdication means for whatever is coming.

There are more forces aligning, and it is slowly becoming more important to sort out allies and enemies.

Update:
Eight surprised me with the intriguing idea of searching for lightsaber crystals in the volcanic caverns beneath the surface of Socorro. I know that he was wanting a more personal experience in searching for them, but the two of us going alone was a disaster waiting to happen. I will try to make it up to him later; something with the appropriate amount of danger and reward.

Besides, it somehow seems wrong that such a ritual should be on his terms.

Update:
With Kerlos' help, once again, we managed to get ahold of the commercial we believed was set to be broadcast by Eight's Brothers. After testing it on a cheap power droid (with the appropriate safeguards), and dodging some fire and lightning in the process, Mina confirmed that we were dealing with signal that will bring about the droid apocalypse.

Now, we have to figure out how to stop it -- permanently.
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

Freya's Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 3:18 am

We prevented a galaxy-wide droid rebellion, and I prevented both our former Defel com chief and Doctor Vox from ending up dead in a pool of their own blood.

Good day.

It was even worth the lightning, although I doubt anyone will appreciate that I saved two lives and took the Good Doctor's wrath for them.

One way or another, this ends here. I have tolerated Artemis' behavior for long enough, and the two dishonorable attacks I have allowed him are twice as many as anyone else. There will not be a third.
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

Freya's Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 7:08 am

It's a good thing that Tryce is a heavy sleeper, and that you can weld around him without so much as a change in his breathing. Well, at least until someone kills him in his sleep. Anyway, he was happy to finally get a chance to fly his X-Wing, and it was kind of enjoyable to watch him.

In response to having caused the Defel to leave, the Captain has ordered me to take his place in a strange perversion of the "You break it, you buy it" policy. I'll have to spend some more time reading the datapad he gave me since I wasn't allowed near the communications station on The Precipice; my Master had it configured to his personal tastes and didn't like anyone fiddling with it. Piloting was different, though -- I've always felt more at home in space.

After he was finished, we went to investigate the hijackings of the Mon Cal ships. We weren't able to find out much, other than the fact that it was apparently well-planned. They had set up an ion-cannon in a facility that they had claimed was being used for scientific research, and when we arrived, the place had been cleaned out without so much as a receipt left behind. We did find the words "The Forgotten" scrawled on a wall, though. Maybe this is the beginning of a new pirate fleet? We don't know what kind of forces they have, but those two ships alone give them some impressive firepower.

But primitives? Why? Even if you get passed the superstitions, ignorance, and the stink, you have to herd and train them. I don't understand what would be worth it…
Damn, it. I don't want to think about this. I could feel the bile rising in my gullet just looking at the filthy furs that were left strewn in their facility. Still, they haven't killed as far as we know. Maybe they're not all ruthless savages. Or maybe they're too afraid of what leads them.

Update:
At Eight's request, we went to Kashyyyk to recover the M-BR droid's remains. Fairly uneventful.

For some unfathomable reason, Mina bought us all Life Day gifts. She gave me a set of nicely-crafted wind chimes which, strangely enough, fits into my plans and will save me some time. I hate being indebted, though. Now honor demands that I must find something of equal value for her.

Update:
Against my better judgement, we went to check up on the lead that Kass sent us. I was both surprised and pleased that we did not just jump into a trap. After some investigation we discovered that the attacker was an Anzat, and that their supposedly dead homeworld was right next door.

Oh, and, apparently, Mina is a goddess.

Also, I have no idea how Doctor Jakonos has survived for so long. I now know why I was the one the Jedi sent out to recover texts and objects while Dannel stayed ensconced at the Academy.

Update:
Not much time. Making this entry while I change out of my Anzat vomit-soaked clothes.

We arrived on this supposedly dead world to be greeted by a flight TIE Fighter drones, which Tryce made short work of. Once we made planetfall, we followed life signs into the tunnels under the ground where we were swarmed by feral Anzat. The crew fought decently well, although we had to retreat. Anyway, it was clear what we were looking for was not there.

We've just been notified that the sensors have picked up a space yacht that would match the size of the ship we think was used on Ttracale. Of course, just finding any ships on this planet cannot be a coincidence. We're going back down to check it out, now.
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

Freya's Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 5:42 am

We returned to Anzat and faced the Okani. It could have went better. We did not defeat him, but we did cause him to flee from us. Considering he was an ancient and powerful Darksider, it could be considered a win. However, we could not follow him and there is no way to prevent him from launching another raid on Ttracale, which, because of our interference, I feel will no longer show the restraint that he has previously exhibited.

In an attempt to slow him down, and because we never piss anyone off half-way, we burned his palace to the ground and stole his yacht.

To warn us if he stirs again in the future, Mina reprogrammed the planetary sensor array to send a message if it detects a ship leaving the surface. An attempt to put the remaining TIE drones into orbit failed with them crashing back to the surface.

For a final layer of protection, Mina descended from upon high in all of her divine glory and blessed her people with a sacred box to use to summon her if the Okani returns. Unfortunately, if it comes to that, I think all we will hear will be there screams.

For now, we're going to proceed to Ando in an attempt to discover if Xel'lotath resides there.

Update:
Mina's questions about the Mark of Xel'lotath made me wonder about the Swords of Hate. If the Butcher used a mark to transfer energies to his mistress, could the Swords have something similar? If so, how many of the other artifacts we've collected could be doing the same thing?

My experiment consisted of giving one of the swords to Tryce and taunting him into fighting me while I tried to sense if the swords were doing anything besides aiding him. It didn't take much.

I followed the flow of Force energy from the sword through the ship. I had assumed it was linked to the other sword, but instead it was flowing into Mina! Apparently, when the Butcher died on her blade, he used the the fault that she opened within herself to transfer his mark to her. Hell, she tried to blame me for it! I told the stupid girl to use her anger, not succumb to it!

If she's linked with Xel'lotath, now, we have to be more careful. I'm not sure what to do about it. Killing her would be the easiest solution, but if I always took the easy way out I would be on an empty ship. I'll have to put my plan on hold and do some more research. Maybe the resources I've collected can be turned towards blocking the Mark. It's time to put to use those alchemical skills my Master taught me.

Update:
Xelo'lotath had her fun with me tonight. So far it's a promising start for this little expedition. Anyway, I can't get back to sleep after that, so now I have no choice but to dwell on things I would rather not:

Upon leaving Anzat we received news of the attack on the Kuat shipyards on Karavis, and I have to say that I'm torn. I know the appropriate response to seeing a Sith threatening the Republic with a fleet of warships and an army of followers should be revulsion and a rush to arms. However, I have a hard time raising a finger, let alone a lightsaber, against Revenant because, as much as I hate to say it, he has a point.

All of those worlds lost due to an uncaring bureaucracy and petty politicians. Those people who went out to settle those worlds did so with the promise that they would not be alone, that supplies and equipment would follow! They were lied to. Whether it was intentional or not does not matter!

I thought I had put this behind me a long time ago, but I can't stop thinking about those cold nights with the two of us huddled around the remains of a fire, wondering how far off sunrise was.

My Tyr. My sweet, gentle Tyr. He was too good for that wasteland. He didn't deserve to die out there! Maybe the rest of us did, but not him.

These spoiled brats have no idea what we went through. Running from the wolves in the night, wondering when we would eat next, worrying that every fever might be your last...

And I killed him. That world killed him.

If the Republic had come through on its promises we -- we would have grown up in…

He would have -- he would have grown up…

… recording paused …

My Master said that revenge is not worthy of us. He was a good teacher. He knew how to get a lesson across. The Republic needs to learn a lesson, and if a little pain now means they will avoid the same mistakes in future, so be it.

I want them to feel pain.

I want them to toil.

I want their fingers to bleed from digging in the soil!

… g-force shock-sensor warning …

I want them to feel the sting of the whips and the weight of the yokes!

I want them to burn from the cold!

I want them to learn that everyone is accountable for their actions!

And, most of all, … danger … I wnt thmgrscklj grrrrgck
… untifayllluur …
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

Freya's Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 12:35 am

We got in over our heads more quickly than I expected upon landing on Ando. I did not expect the Reapers to be pushovers, but they turned out to be more powerful than we would have first thought. Perhaps it is power that Xel'lotath has given them.

I thought maybe I could get lucky and prevent them from getting away with one of the Swords of Hate. I had to try or I would have hated myself for just giving up on something so important.

Losing the eye is not what bothers me; I've lost worse. It's the thought that all I do is wander from one apocalypse to another that wears on me. The wound itself doesn't even hurt much. It just aches a bit. The splitting headache however, is not something I expected.

Doctor Vox wanted to put me into a bacta tank! Well, it would have saved me the effort of deciding what to do with him.

Update:
I made contact more quickly than I had expected, but apparently things are not going well on Mandalore, either.

"She's a liability and you have to deal with that before anything else."

Wonderful. I should just kill half the crew and be done with it. Still, it might be preferable to letting the Saarai-Kaar or Master Odis deal with it. We have no chance of fighting Xel'lotath until this is taken care of, and time is short, and I know of only one guaranteed way to end her spying.

Oddly enough, I'm high enough on the endorphins that I'm open to entertaining other options. Don't know how long that will last, though.
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

Freya's Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 4:48 pm

Surprisingly, we got away with the holocron without a problem. At least until someone discovers that we committed major credit fraud.

Xel'lotath's holocron did have some interesting things to say, although its desire to only speak to those it thought it could corrupt caused no end of frustration for Dannel. He should take it as a complement.

We had a couple of discussions -- the Doctor confessing his past to the group, and wondering if we need the resources of the Jedi to continue or mission. They chose poorly on both counts. Tryce, however, is in agreement with me about what should be done with Doctor Vox.

I was wrong in my earlier assessment. I was worried that Tryce could be a liability, but that proved to be a momentary lack of judgement. The one I should have been concerned about was the Doctor.

They have accepted his presence, now, justified by some trite sentiment about his redemption. However, until he can accept his fate and truly come to terms with what he has done, there will be no redemption and he will continue to be a threat to us. He runs from justice out of fear and tries to make up for his cowardly murders by sending apologies from the shadows. It doesn't comfort me that he was "insane" at the time; in fact, it makes it worse. If he continues like this, I'll be adding another lightsaber to my belt.

Update:
The Forgotten have launched an assault on Coruscant. It's a gutsy maneuver, one I hadn't expected, and it confirms my suspicion that their dreadnoughts are the same that Kovan Dresh gave his life to stop. They must have finally fallen out of hyperspace somewhere in Wild Space. The droids onboard appear to still be carrying out their original Sith programming -- to capture Coruscant. If successful, it would be the first step in destabilizing the New Republic.

I have to say that I'm intrigued by Revenant. He could have just assaulted the planet, or bombarded from orbit, but, instead, he's only targeting the planet's defenses and anyone who fires back. So far it appears that he's tried to avoid killing over the course of his campaign. He even contacted Yavin and asked the Jedi to stay out of it. I can't help but feel admiration for his discipline and dedication… the honor he has acted with. It's enough to make me question whose side I am on.

Just how ironic would it be if it took the aid of a Sith Lord to put down these demons?
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

Freya's Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:55 pm

We succeeded in removing the Mark from Mina. It was dangerous and touch-and-go for a while, but we succeeded and it did not involve Master Odis, the Saarai-Kaar, or killing her. It was nice to see everyone working together. I was starting to think there was nothing I could do about it, but I figured this would either succeed or kill everyone involved.

Xel'lotath tried to manipulate us, of course, and she used him. From the beginning I knew she couldn't resist it! Bitch! That was a mistake, though. Out of everything she could have dredged up out of my past, she had to use Tyr. That doesn't scare or intimidate me -- it makes me want to fight! At that moment I didn't want to just remove the Mark, I wanted to draw her forth and kill her. However, that wasn't the plan and everyone was already battered. Freeing Mina was the important thing.

I'll just have to be content for now with the thought that we may have at least caused her pain.

And it was nice to arrive on Yavin with some victories under our belt, especially since we had just succeeded at doing something that would have required a master's touch and some exceptional damage to Mina.

Forces are gathering at Yavin: Ours to fight these Sith Monstrosities, and others to rally against The Forgotten. I thought Tryce was going to vibrate through the floor when he saw that Rogue Squadron had arrived. Fortunately, Claire had a wonderful surprise waiting for us -- her family sword that was designed specifically to counteract the Swords of Hate. It will be interesting to see their reactions when the Reapers face this.

Update:
Tryce has suddenly developed an interest in his lightsaber. Well, I guess he was bound to grow up sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

Freya's Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 3:39 pm

I have no idea what happened. One moment it seemed like we were winning our battle against our Reaper, and the next I was lying on my back with Vox and Dayrius kneeling over me. It felt like a dewback had stepped on my chest.

After an apparition of the Saarai-Kaar delivered a cryptic warning, I realized that we had won and that, for good or ill, Mantorok was alive. I will have to thank Claire for bringing her sword. Without it the battle would have gone very differently.

I guess that leaves The Forgotten next on the list. Still not sure if we're going straight to Coruscant, or a staging area, or back to Yavin first, though.

Eight has called a meeting, and I bet he's finally going to announce his intentions involving Thirteen and his Death Star. Good. The rest of them should take note of his initiative.

I hope, however, that this is short. The last two weeks have been wearing on me and my control is wearing thin, and I desperately need to get some rest if there's any possibility that we're going to be facing down Revenant soon. I can't afford to have the Sith seeing me falling apart.
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

Freya's Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 4:48 am

It never rains...

We have an ally against Sith and his minions, and it will only cost us Socorro and perhaps a few other worlds. In the grand scheme of things it's a small price to pay for freeing the galaxy of this threat. However, we will do our part to try to keep that price to a minimum. If we could convince Mantorok that we can defeat them without his help, I believe he would allow us to try.

And Ewoks might nest in my hair.

Right now, we are on our way to Coruscant for our confrontation with The Forgotten and this encounter concerns me much more than the Reapers. Thor's Hammer, The Eye of Odin, and Loki's Poison. Damn it.

I cannot sleep, I can't concentrate, and I can't even hold a tune on my lightsaber. She must be wondering what the hell is wrong with me. These are melodies I've practiced since I began my training, and now I would swear I was tone-deaf.

I do not want to do this. I am conflicted. I do not want anyone to get hurt, but I want to see the Republic suffer a bit for what it has failed to do. I will do my duty, but if I do not care -- if I do not feel in my heart that I am doing the right thing -- my powers fail me.

For now, all I can do is try to protect the others and focus on that.

I cannot shake the feeling that all of us are wondering into a trap. The Jedi promised Revenant they would not interfere and they have lied once again. Of course, he has to expect that. His tactics show an ability to overcome superior forces through cunning and trickery, almost guerilla tactics. He strikes to keep his enemies off balance while he plans his objective. These are old-style Sith tactics. He has had some seriously classical training.

And, because My Master schooled me in these things, I know what I would do -- let the rescue proceed until it was close to success, then destroy the dreadnoughts and kill most everyone to make it look like the Jedi fouled it up and turned a hostage situation into a slaughter.

Which isn't to say that is what he would do... just what I would do.
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

Freya's Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 4:13 pm

My brother is alive! My Tyr, my sweet, sweet Tyr! I thought he had died twelve years ago, but I was wrong!

He survived -- of course he did -- we're survivors and we always have been! The stars themselves could fade and we would still be poking among the ashes.

This changes everything! He didn't die because of my weakness -- I didn't betray my parents' trust -- I didn't fail, and that means I had to have done the right thing -- right?! The Force gave him back to me for a reason, and I'm not going to make the same mistakes again. I'm not going to lose him again!

… personal recorder paused …
… laughter ...

My little brother invaded Coruscant for me. I am so proud of him! I knew he was clever; the traps he could make as a child were inspired. I might have tried the same thing myself if I had the idea and a fleet.

I knew that if I had ever returned to Vigrith my anger would have reduced that world to a cinder. I would have killed everyone… but he didn't. He never thought in those terms when we were children; he tried to keep from hurting anyone. He didn't understand the necessity. I made sure that was my job. I never wanted that world to touch him like it touched the rest us.

And now he insists on coming with me. Fine, I can keep an eye on him and if things go badly I'll have no compunction against knocking him out myself and stuffing him in an escape pod. I still have to decide on the best way to get him onto the ship. I do not think the Captain will pass up another crewman who can operate the sensors and communications, as well as back up Mina. With any luck the Jedi and Jensaarai will be too distracted with everything else that is going on to connect the dots.

I'm not letting him out of my sight this time. I would let this galaxy burn before I let anything happen to him, again.
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

Freya's Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:25 am

Tyr has joined the crew and it was easier than I expected. For once, the crew's lack of curiosity has worked in my favor. It will be interesting to get reacquainted. I'm surprised over his lack of Force potential, though. I was hoping that he would have a chance to experience my world, and it makes me feel a bit disappointed and lonely that I can't share with him something that I'm so passionate about.

He commented that he was capable of defending himself, which is something I'm glad of. I never taught him how to fight as a child, and I've ended up regretting it for most of my life. I'll have to test him when I get the chance.

Kerlos was impressive when he presented his list of "demands" to the Republic. I appreciate someone who knows when to go for the throat and does not let go.

Everything seemed to be going pretty well until Doctor Vox nearly got blown away by a package from a colleague. So, now his bounty is up to one million credits and his friends are trying to kill him. I have to wonder if his past will catch up to him before it catches up to the rest of us.

In other news, Eight and a number of M-BR droids have been formally indoctrinated into the Jedi Order. I don't know whether this was the final kick in the robes to get the others up off their asses, but just when I had finally given up on them, they have decided to undergo their Trials to become Knights.

With the exceptions of Kerlos, who has stayed behind to continue his "training" "under" Claire, and Tryce, they are expected to travel to Boz Pity, find the Grave of the Jedi, and recover any artifacts that might be there.

I find it ironic that the greatest challenge the Jedi could throw at them consists of just doing their job.

I'm not sure what to do here. I want to see this place, but I'm also wary of how much aid I should give them if it becomes necessary. I have my own trials to worry about if I am to be ready for the days ahead, and there are questions I have waited far too long to ask.

As always, I have suspicions. And despite the number of times that someone has said, "I hate to admit it, but Freya's right,"… I hate being right.
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

Freya's Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 3:27 am

Carefully, Freya lays her lightsaber on the table along with an assortment of delicate tools. "I've made a present for you. Would you like to see it?" She holds up the black synthcrystal. "Pretty?"

She frowns. "No, it doesn't come in another color and you cannot return it!"

Releasing the internal screws and latches with the Force, Freya opens the shell of her lightsaber and starts to remove the pieces that will expose the crystal chamber.

"Why? For a little group cohesion. I think it will help attitudes all around. Yes, they all have them except for Tryce. Because he still has no idea where his lightsaber is and I refuse to let him put one in an inferior weapon. When he again has it in his position, I'll give him his crystal. However, he'll probably have to find himself before he can find it.

"Can we change the subject, now? Because I do not want to talk about him all night." Her eyes narrow. "Oh, shut up!"

She pries off the last cover and starts to realign the small red, green, and blue crystals to make room for the new one, referring to the notes and sketches on her datapad.

"Why you? Because, with all the complaining I do about them I would be a hypocrite if i refused to join in. What? That's not fair! Up until now I'm the one who has been having to refer to them as 'the Jedi' and hope that no one would press me to add 'Apprentice'. At least now I can call them Knights -- I don't have to worry about incompetence by association.

Freya nods. "Well, I'm sure they will, but I'll beat that Bordok when it dies."

She picks up the crystal with her tweezers and begins to gently insert it.

"I know it's not you, that it's not how you were made, but just give it a try. You've become predictable. You, my friend are in a rut and a little makeover could do you good."

Freya nods her head with an exasperated expression. "Yes, yes, you can repeat that tired line but it's not going to make any difference. The universe is changing around you and you can either adapt or be left behind."

"What's that? Well, I suppose that's true… you could try to make it change on your terms, but I'm not sure how you would begin to… Yes, there's that whole leaving the galaxy a better place than you found it, but, really, don't we make it a better place just by our presence?" She chuckles softly.

"Don't take that tone with me!" she growls as she twists the crystal hard. "You're just like the others on this ship: you have no sense of humor. Oh! You don't like that, do you? Being compared to them? Well, then you shouldn't do things to invite unwanted comparisons --"

A sudden flash illuminates the room and Freya yelps, sucking on her finger. "And Doctor Vox thinks I am a bitch!"

She points her tweezers at her lightsaber in a threatening manner. "I thought I would do this with a personal touch, but if you're going to be like that -- fine." Freya drops her tools and raises her hands, levitating the weapon and its pieces into the air. Slowly, the black crystal begins to slip into place.

"Hold still and stop fighting me for just a minute -- yes, I know that's what you do, but you don't have to strike out like that, it's me." Carefully, she starts to tune the crystal to harmonize with the other crystals and perl. "If only I could adjust your attitude so easily. Now, quiet down or you'll end up sounding like a farting Ewok."

Freya closes her eyes again and begins to chant, "The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Saarai. The Saarai is the crystal of the Force. The Force is the blade of the heart."

Reaching out through the Force, she makes the final adjustments and in one quick motion reassembles the entire weapon.

Freya stands straight and tall, holding the lightsaber in front of her, and wills the blade to life. Black fire shoots from the hilt while opalescent energy crackles along its length. She swings the blade around her in a well-practiced series of moves to play a musical scale and winces as the normally harmonic instrument plays entirely in minor keys.

She smiles. "No, I think I'll leave you like that for a while, to remind you who is in charge."

"Now, hush," she mutters as she blade retracts. "It is time to get serious."
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

Freya's Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:35 am

We have struck the motherload! It's the largest collection of artifacts and texts I have ever personally recovered! The Jedi and Sith holocrons alone are probably worth a fortune. It will take years, if not decades, to go through everything we have found.

However, I'm surprised that I didn't find what I was looking for here. A weapons research facility seemed like the perfect place for it.

One down, three more to go. I think I have piqued Kerlos' interest with the possible vault on Muunilist. I have an idea about checking out the Noghri, too, but I'm at a loss on the last location. Vader could have put those anywhere!

If I can just keep the others busy long enough, I know we can find it. I think I can keep them interested long enough to prevent Eight from going off half-cocked.

We're returning to the station to pick up the parts needed for Zarkhov's Star Destroyer. I'm not sure what is up, but we'll have to be careful. This ship has been lost here for decades, and if the Captain even told us half of what's going on, there's great cause to be worried.

Now, I just have to stop thinking about our haul. There will be enough time to check it over when we're safely away from this place. Distractions can get you killed.
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

Freya's Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 4:04 pm

We need to train Kerlos on the ship's guns. I've never seen anyone so efficiently channel the Force through a blaster, of all things. After he blew Zarkhov's head off -- a faster and less painful ordeal than I was planning -- the rest was your standard smash and run.

Tryce took out the creature that was attached to the Star Destroyer with one of Tyr and Mina's clever proton torpedoes, and we watched while everything fell into a black hole. For once, I feel confident in saying, "No one could have survived that."

Upon leaving the Maw, we were all surprised to discover that the Caduceus command carrier had left. After checking the messages, we learned that Dr. Vaughn had died, and that Captain Victus was leaving the Turtle in our care. Hopefully, we will one day return it in the same condition.

Everyone seems interested in looking over the artifacts we've recovered, and already we have made some fascinating discoveries. I have quite a bit of work to do, and there are things I have to get done soon, before it is too late.
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

Freya's Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 1:17 am

We're pretty sure we have a pissed-off Anzat on the loose, but, all things considered, that's the least of our problems.

I spoke with Mantorok's holocron that Dayrius gave to Eight. We learned a bit about Sith -- a little of his plans, and that he's Quarren, but I thought the reaction my chimes had to the holocron was a little more interesting. Usually, a holocron is made by a Jedi or Sith close to their death. However, these recent Sith ones were all made by those who are still alive.

It almost appears that the creator is linked to their holocron in some strange way. I'm pretty sure I was not just talking to an advanced Force-endowed machine, but Mantorok himself. I believe the other holocrons are linked in the same way, and this explains to some degree the reaction the chimes had to Chattur'gha back on Yavin.

Whether this is a general property of holocrons, or the strength of their creators, I do not know.

It was nice to see the others tell the Jedi Council that they were adults and capable of handling multiple artifacts without supervision. A few months ago I would not have agreed.

The brief conversation I had with Master Odis was enlightening. That would be The Vision that I saw referred to in the sealed files I got from the Jedi Archives computer, and I think that's the answer to one of Xandow's questions.

I had been angry that Odis and the other had hidden things from me. I thought they were just being self-righteous asses. However, as he told me the reasons that they had stepped down as leaders of the Council, I finally saw the Jedi that my Master had taught me of. I guess that my understanding of them was wrong.

I had thought that with their experience and powers that they couldn't make simple mistakes, and that everything they did was thought-out and for a purpose. I didn't think that they could be scared, prejudiced, or just plain wrong.

And it's a little unsettling.
Back to top Go down
Freya

Freya

Freya's Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 5:42 am

Thanks to the team's indecision on where to go next, my trip to Drog was easier than expected. I didn't even have to deal with any useless questions when I got the defense batteries trained on us. Mr. von Effron gave me the location of my Master's last destination, several Sith worlds not on any map and on the Rim. Not quite sure how I'll get there without dragging the rest along with me, unless I take the Precipice. Touo was a polite and intriguing host, but I can't imagine the things he's done that warrant having to live out the rest of his years on a planetoid, armed to the teeth. Maybe I'll have the chance to talk to him again.

Tyr's gone, and as sad as that makes me I believe Raxus Prime is the safest place for him, for now. Even if he is helping a crazy lady build a giant robot out of Star Destroyers. Yes. I did record that.

It appears that the news coming out of Coruscant is becoming more disturbing all the time. I guess it is my turn kick the Senate's collective asses and remind them of their place. I certainly hope this does not become a running theme in my family.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Freya's Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freya's Log   Freya's Log Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Freya's Log
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Corners of the Galaxy :: IC - In character posts and adventure logs :: Adventure Logs-
Jump to: