Dark Corners of the Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum site for players in my Star Wars D6 campaign. http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/dark-corners-of-the-galaxy

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Conversation with ember droid

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wolfordtodd

wolfordtodd

Conversation with ember droid Empty
PostSubject: Conversation with ember droid   Conversation with ember droid Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 5:39 pm

I would like to compare notes with you about my limited knowledge of the force. More importantly I would like to try to convince you and your brothers not to go into hiding. From what S.TA.R.S. has learned dark days are indeed coming to the galaxy, and I believe that they can only be averted if the forces of light stand together against these dark forces. I put this question of probability and logic to you. Consider the amount of life and knowledge of the force in the entire galaxy. Then consider the probability that your aid will save those lives and that knowledge. This may be a small probability, but when weighed against that large amount of life and knowledge I think you will see how much you stand to gain by staying. If this amount is larger than the small amount that you will save by leaving then logic dictates that you must stay and help in the fight. For a more personal motivation think of what will happen if droids are responsible for saving the galaxy. The New Republic will no longer be able to turn a blind eye to the issue of droid freedom and rights. I think that we will see the dawn of a new age where droids and organics can live together as brothers. Please relay to the other ember units what I have said and let me know what you decide.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Conversation with ember droid   Conversation with ember droid Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 5:07 pm

*OOC* Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to this.

Your words are very moving 8, however, you are speaking to a droid who usurped logic in favor of pragmatism long ago. You also have to realize that while I can contact and speak with most of my brothers I can not give them orders. They may take what I say under advisement, but ultimately we are each of us individuals. Believe me, most of us would like to help you defend this galaxy, but despite our upgraded servos we are not warriors. We will do what we can to preserve the knowledge of this galaxy, but it's defense will most likely be left up to droids and organics like yourself. I will relay your message, but unless these attacks against us stop, we may have to go into hiding still. The Ember you once knew here at the Academy was once the last of his kind, as MBR were hunted by the Emperor to near extinction due to what Ember knew. We will not allow that to happen again. Regardless of what the others decide, I will remain here as long as I can. So long as you can contact me the VAST repository of knowledge we have collected is at your service.
Back to top Go down
https://dcotg.forumotion.com
wolfordtodd

wolfordtodd

PostSubject: Re: Conversation with ember droid   Conversation with ember droid Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:51 pm

I would like to know if you have had the opportunity to convey my request to your brothers.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Conversation with ember droid   Conversation with ember droid Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:59 pm

I have. By now your message has disseminated to each of my brothers. Some probably weigh them even now. I don't know that there has been significant movement worth reporting, but you would do well to search "MBR Droids" and "Theft".
Back to top Go down
wolfordtodd

wolfordtodd

PostSubject: Re: Conversation with ember droid   Conversation with ember droid Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 2:14 pm

I would also like to know if the archives contain any information on Mantorok and his split from Xel’lotath, Chattur’gha, and Ulyoath. Also any general information that you can find on Mantorok and his connection with Socorro would be useful. I would also like to ask a favor from you. I know the location of my brothers Death Star and I would like to relay the location of a staging area for an assault to some members of the council. I do not care if Utonos gets this information, but my brothers seem to have a spy at the academy or with the military. I need to know that only people we can trust receive this information. I would prefer a small amount of support from the Jedi/Republic to a large amount of support if the information is compromised. Are there people there that you feel that you can trust with the information. I know that there may not be much help that the Jedi/Republic can give us considering the recent trouble with the Forgotten, but even a few ships would be helpful.

VLTD 8
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Conversation with ember droid   Conversation with ember droid Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 2:21 pm

Unfortunately even the archives are only complete up to about 500 years ago and all signs point to the four existing long before that. There has been trouble on Ulyoath and contact with the Jedi Masters who went there has been cut off due to unknown reasons. If they are still alive and well, I imagine they would have a lot of information on Ulyoath. Mistress Erron sent me a short communication that she and some of the Jensaarai would be here shortly and they gathered a lot of intel on Chattur'gha.

If there is a spy sent from your brothers amongst us, I will concentrate my resources here on locating him. Unfortunately, it would be difficult for you to count on any support from either the Jedi or the Republic at the moment due to the masters being absent here and the current problem with The Forgotten. In fact I would turn your attention to the current news coming out of Coruscant, it does not look promising.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Conversation with ember droid   Conversation with ember droid Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:22 pm

Going to space google and searching the terms Ember gave you, you find some articles that have not yet hit the big news outlets like Galactic Times. It would seem there have been a lot of recent thefts of MBR droids galaxy wide with owners reporting just waking up to find their droids missing and no other signs of theft.

OOC: Do you have research or investigation?
Back to top Go down
wolfordtodd

wolfordtodd

PostSubject: Re: Conversation with ember droid   Conversation with ember droid Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:43 pm

OOC: I do not have either of those skills. You keep mentioning research during the game. What is it? Is it a scholar? If not what stat is it based on? It sounds like something that Zarkov would have had, but I do not remember seeing it on the skill sheet.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Conversation with ember droid   Conversation with ember droid Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:57 pm

It's a knowledge based skill, it may be under scholar or someone may have asked for it specifically. If you had either of those there was another connection you may have seen, but without it that's all you get.
Back to top Go down
wolfordtodd

wolfordtodd

PostSubject: Re: Conversation with ember droid   Conversation with ember droid Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 3:55 pm

When I get a moment to speak with EMBER alone I ask him if he would like to explain what is going on with the EMBER droids. I suspect that they are not being stolen but have decided to leave. Have your brothers decided to leave the galaxy, or are they preparing for something else."

OOC: I don't suppose that there is any way that you can get the message board to stop flagging droid as misspelled?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Conversation with ember droid   Conversation with ember droid Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 5:02 pm

I'm afraid whatever action they have decided they have kept from me. It would seem likely most will not stand and fight, but when the time comes I can assure you my lightsaber will hum alongside yours.

OOC: Don't know I'll look into that when I get a chance, but I don't see it as being likely.
Back to top Go down
wolfordtodd

wolfordtodd

PostSubject: Re: Conversation with ember droid   Conversation with ember droid Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 3:31 pm

8 will contact the ember droid who is currently serving on the Jedi council. I will use normal communications or telepathy if that does not work. I will fill him in about the idea to use center point to send a black hole in Mykur's direction.

"First of all I would like to know what you think of this plan. Secondly do the Jedi or the new republic have any Corilian contacts that might be able to assist us? If so I would appreciate it if you can put us in contact with them, but don't tell them the exact nature of our plan. I am still worried about spies working for Sith."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Conversation with ember droid   Conversation with ember droid Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 4:14 pm

"We are on good terms with Corellia, I do believe we can get you clearance to get on Centerpoint station. If Centerpoint station could be made to work, it is a...feasible plan. Many have tried before and no one has yet to figure out how to run it since the Ancients."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conversation with ember droid   Conversation with ember droid Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Conversation with ember droid
Page 1 of 1